Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Blog: Dynamic Updates

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Blog: Dynamic Updates within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #25
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Basketball 10 Blog Finally Here

I'm interested to see how the team ratings will be updated too. They'd be worthless if we have to rename a default roster to use them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #26
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
I'm interested to see how the team ratings will be updated too. They'd be worthless if we have to rename a default roster to use them.
We will see.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #27
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

I'll agree that the marketing hasn't been stellar this year for the game, but I think this is a great feature. (Don't hold marketing struggles against the work of the devs - two completely different groups.)

College games are always out of date by week one in terms of rankings and team ratings. Anything to try and improve that should help improve game longevity greatly and I'd think most of us would be ecstatic to see something like this.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like commentary is more 'dynamic' as well and will recognize streaks, rankings, etc. Hopefully this is in Dynasty Mode as well as Play Now.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #28
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
My guess is that there will be a hidden global team improvement (or decrease) slider that the stats will affect to change team quality. I doubt they'd do anything to individual players as that's a lot of work and would imply the game using the likenesses of actual players.

Just guessing, but I think it will look at stats and alter specific ratings for all players on the team. IE: If they lead nation in steals, all/most player steal ratings will get a boost.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #29
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I know it is not your fault, thanks for the info. Please let marketing or whomever is dictating this lack of information know how terrible it makes the NCAA 10 team look. There has been one good blog on this game, the rest have ranged from scarce of information to embarrassing at best.

Couple that with how the Madden, NBA Live, NHL, Fight Night, and even FIFA blogs have looked and it is easy to see why this game is considered the bottom of the EA sports barrel. Shame.
Thank you for being mature and constructive. Unfortunately, some can't be as level headed as you, and they will no longer be visiting our site.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #30
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj
College games are always out of date by week one in terms of rankings and team ratings. Anything to try and improve that should help improve game longevity greatly and I'd think most of us would be ecstatic to see something like this.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like commentary is more 'dynamic' as well and will recognize streaks, rankings, etc. Hopefully this is in Dynasty Mode as well as Play Now.
That's the thing though, this stuff sounds good but in the past it hasn't really delivered in Live. Last year the DNA was so-so (from what I hear, I didn't buy Live 09 til May) and this year the updates are really spotty (screwed up lineups, injuries, shooting tendencies). The dynamic commentary in Live 10 has been extremely limited, I've heard 2-3 lines in seven Knicks games.

So it's basically a good concept in theory but the execution hasn't been there yet.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-11-2009, 08:55 PM   #31
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj
My guess is that there will be a hidden global team improvement (or decrease) slider that the stats will affect to change team quality. I doubt they'd do anything to individual players as that's a lot of work and would imply the game using the likenesses of actual players.

Just guessing, but I think it will look at stats and alter specific ratings for all players on the team. IE: If they lead nation in steals, all/most player steal ratings will get a boost.
Hmm. That would make sense. You are probably right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #32
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

This will be kind of good since we won't get to start out dynasties on day 1 and a lot in the CBB world will be changed by then. Should be cool to kind of start and have it be realistic until you pass the real season

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »