Home

NHL 10: Scoring Strategies

This is a discussion on NHL 10: Scoring Strategies within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #17
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 10: Scoring Strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker

Auto-aim is only available in the gameplay options as you start a game. It is not a setting you can set so that it is turned on all the time. That bites, as well.

I just think the complaints abut the lack of clean goals may be misplaced.
Thanks Jay. I'll look for the Auto-aim next time I play.

I do believe theres something to what your saying about scoring clean goals. In fact I scored a few earlier tonight. As I posted earlier...it's pretty tough for me, but...if/when I do aim my shot just right, I have blown a few past cleanly.

I've turned down the shot accuracy for myself and the cpu to 2. And I think it may be actually helping me. By way of my shots at times being off target, just a bit now. Meaning I hit the corners of the goal a few times tonight...rather than the goalies logo. Can't go by just one game...but it did seem pretty encouraging.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

Am I playing the same game as you guys? On all star hardcore with CPU learning maxed out and other sliders tweaked I have absolutely no problem scoring clean goals. Is this a mostly online issue because offline the variety of goals I have scored is staggering and rarely do I score the same way twice and even more rarely the same game.

Some games I lose 2-1 and than the very next game I win 7-2. With my Caps franchise I average about 3.5 goals a game and they all seem realistic. Ovechkin is on pace to score about 55 goals for me and all my other players are in line to score how they do in the NHL. Ovechkin has alot of clean goals, screeners, some in the pass thru the slot and deflections from the point. I just cycle the puck, try and get it to the point man when possible for a shot in traffic and look for rebounds and rushes thru the middle will give me a decent chance to score with a sniper just like in the NHL. Many times my Dmen score from clean shots at the point. In fact I score very rarely on one timers as I only attempt maybe 5 a game. I'm at a loss at why some of you have problems.

It's pretty easy to get into middle and rifle a shot with your sniper, if they go in half the time then people will complain about scoring 10 goals a game the same way. If you try and get behind a screen while shooting you have a pretty good chance of scoring just like the NHL. This is with auto aim off and I miss plenty of shots and average maybe 35 shots a game.

I don't really play online so I have no views on that but I assume that's where the big problem lies.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 11-12-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:49 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Correct, it is mostly an online issue.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 16

Imho I can't play with auto-aim on...it just makes no sense...this is the same as if I would watch a CPU-vs-CPU match. It takes away one of the last influence channels I have.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #21
EA Game Changer

ZFarls's Arena

OVR: 19
Hey man, good article. I miss nhl 09 but haven't put in enough time to get new strategies to score in NHL 10, these should help.

Keep up the good work
ZFarls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyor
Imho I can't play with auto-aim on...it just makes no sense...this is the same as if I would watch a CPU-vs-CPU match. It takes away one of the last influence channels I have.
For Be a Pro, this makes a lot of sense. But I play mostly as the Blues through a season. I'm 40 games into it, and I like the Brad Boyes is leading my team with 20 goals, and David Perron picked up a hat trick last night. I find the right guys finding the net, while enforcers, like Cam Jansen can't find back of the net.

And I'm not saying that manual aim is bad, just noticing that the clean goals are in the game if you are talented enough to pick your spots. So when I see folks complain about the lack of clean goals, I know it is becasue they really aren't aiming for crap. The holes are there, the people just aren't finding them.

So unless what people are wanting is for EA to help them aim their manual aim shots, I don't see the big issue.

For me, the issue is that the purists make manual aim seem like it is absolutely necessary. When I asked about getting auto-aim into play-a-friend matches or unranked games on the EA boards, I was ridiculed as a noob, and told to learn to aim. It kind of pisses me off that EA is catering to this crowd, when this crowd can't even seem to use the tool they love so much well enough to enjoy their games.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:06 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hey are you guys gonna put something up like you did in 09 for the attribute part of your online character? And for height and weight and such?
Old 11-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

one thing i find especially online that most goals are being score with the winger comming down the side then cutting to the net and cross crease pass everytime for the onetimer to the open guy on the side of the net..it seems to work about 90% of the time

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »