Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Developer Q&A (Gameshark)

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Developer Q&A (Gameshark) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA 10 - Developer Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Sucks about not being able to play other games, but I assumed that to be the case by now. Glad to hear about the dynasty improvements. That's at least pulling me back in.

Looking forward to the demo. I loved Live's demo gameplay wise, but the lack of dynasty kept me away. Some Live gameplay issues have popped up, but hopefully NCAA can exceed in the gameplay department. Still worried about it getting stale though. The different offenses are cool, but will they tie teams down from running fastbreaks or other ways of playing if it presents itself? Hope not.
If you read the whole thing he said that the offenses will change with the dynamic updates.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 11-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #10
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
If you read the whole thing he said that the offenses will change with the dynamic updates.
If this integrates into your dynasty then great, if not it doesn't improve it for me.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #11
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

Looks awesome this game cant get here soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Wow, I'm pretty excited for this game now.

The 5-star recruit improvements, recruiting interface and sim logic improvements should be enough for me. Back to a Day One purchase for me.

I never got the obsession over the "play any game" thing dynasty modes. If I want to use other teams I just play an exhibition game.

Quote:
Has the recruiting model been tweaked at all? If so, in what way? Will we see diamond in the rough freshmen, one and done freshmen, will the top schools lure more 5-star players than mid majors?
The biggest change to recruiting this year was the increased difficulty in landing 5 star recruits. There are less to scout and pursue and means recruiting will play a bigger role than last year in keeping your program consistently competitive in future years.

The two biggest complaints for me in dynasty have been addressed, should be interesting to see how big of an improvement.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #13
Rookie

Hoosiers1111's Arena

OVR: 1

"The time we did spend time on dynasty was focused on community raised issues like: sorting recruits screen, 5 star recruits, some UI enhancments... and most importantly the improvement to the sim engine which keeps the future years of the dynasty mode true to life. "

That right there does it for me. I will be buying this game. The things that didn't get fixed like online dynasty and the ability to play any game on the schedule don't matter to me, so finding out the dynasty mode has been fixed is AWESOME! Now I can stop checking this site every 5 minutes to see if there is any Dynasty info!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Sounds good, I hope the sim logic and recruiting changes were done right. Still a wait and see what people think of dynasty before I buy.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 25

I really hope the sim logic was truly fixed. Live claimed that they tweaked their sim logic this year as well, and it's pretty busted. Of course anything should be better than last years, I had numerous #1 seeds losing to #16 seeds, and in the first Dynasty I played last year #12 seed NC A&T won the title by beating #6 seed East Tennessee St. I simmed a few dynasties after that to see if it was a rare mistake, and unfortunately realized that NCAAB 09 probably has the worst sim engine I've ever seen in a sports game. I'll rent it this year, and hopefully all is well. As long as the sim engine is serviceable then the presentation and Live's gameplay enhancements may be good enough for me this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #16
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Very nice to hear about the changes to dynasty. I'm very happy they improved the recruiting and sim logic. I'm still waiting to try out the game, but this definitely is making me look forward to the release even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »