Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Review

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Review within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #9
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I feel the opposite. Here are the reasons I prefer PES...

1. No goal is ever the same.
2. You can save replays on your HDD.
3. You can pass the ball how you want to (I especially love the flow of the back heel passes. In FIFA I find myself saying: "I didn't pass it to that guy." It frustrates me to no end.)
4. Scoring a goal on the harder difficulties is really a challenge.
5. UEFA Champions League / Master League / Be A Legend

*I am an old-school FIFA Fan. I had the initial release in 1994 for the Sega Genesis.
I prefer PES for the same reasons listed above.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:54 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

What's wrong?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
FIFA is really good this year, but this manages to beat it.
2nd IMO to post patch NBA2K10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 02:26 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0
I can't believe this s&*t! PES10 Master League is far and away a better franchise mode than FIFA's version. It keeps you enthralled after multiple seasons which is way more then i can say for FIFA. I was bored of the stale and monotonous FIFA after playing through 3 seasons. I am now playing my 5th season of ML in PES 10 and i'm still loving it, perhaps more now than the start as my team is blossoming from development.

If you blokes are going to review a game that is not hugely popular in States, then try doing it with the opinions of someone who actually knows what a true football (soccer) game is...and not just a causal soccer gamer who knows ****! Casua soccer gamers should play FIFA!

You yanks just don't get it. FIFA is marketed better, has a way bigger budget and all the licenses...and yet it still sucks outside of its vastly improved gameplay. When i say improved, it is. It's now much more of a sim than past 'arcade' versions, but IMO its 'too much' of a sim. The gameplay makes each and every game feel the same...something that PES10 does waaaay better. Each game in PES10 'feels' different...and no two goals 'feel' the same.

PES10 is a quality sports game with enough depth and 'extra-curricular" offerings to keep you going until next years release. The editing is supreme and the use of downloadable PNG's makes each teams kits appear just as good as those that are licensed. You can import your own menu music, import ans assign team chants, edit faces with face scans...etc. Trust me, go to PESFan or another website like that and you'll find tonnes of editing tools that make this game just as good aesthetically as FIFA...

I've played PES since it was called International Superstar Soccer and i've also played every iteration of FIFA...and PES is and always has been (with perhaps the exception of 2009) the better of the two. And the game modes are great! At least the UEFA Champions League, Master League and the Editing modes are great...although i agree, the 'Be a Legend' mode is a little stale and needs to be revamped, but aside from this, PES2010 is superior in every facet!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:30 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0
Oh BTW, i'm Australian and Football (soccer) s about as popular here as it is in America... its on the rise but still a long way behind our traditional, national sports like AFL and Rugby League.

I'm not a PES Fanboy either, i buy and play FIFA every year, but i always trade it for somehting else after a few weeks because it simply isn't that good. PES on the other hand always (apart from last year) lasts me until the next release.

Buy (or rent) both, and i'm sure you'll see what i mean!
Old 11-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
Hi,

PES 10 is much better for offline (Master League rules) players because the AI in PES is very hard and much better like the one in FIFA 10. If someone interested to play the Bundesliga (not included in PES 10) visit this site and wait for the Matrix Patch:
http://www.moddingway.com/

greets Thomy
Old 11-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Thomy which console are the mods for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Thomy which console are the mods for?
Hi,

itīs for PC Version only. Do you have a 360? maybe there is a option file for 360. Using patches on Xbox is difficult. You need a modded Xbox. Iīve added you to my friends list. Let me search if i can find a option file with Bundesliga and then i will send you a pm at weekend.

greets Thomy

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »