Home

NBA 2K10 (Wii) Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 (Wii) Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K10 (Wii) Review

Over the past couple of years, I have reviewed a number of Wii games for Operation Sports. During this time, I have noticed that most of the games fall into one of two categories: those that are built from the "ground up" to take full advantage of the Wii (Wii Sports, EA Active, etc.), and those that are reworked versions of 360/PS3 counterparts, like the All-Play series of games from EA.

The point is, when games are ported to the Wii, very few of them retain all of the features and modes from the "main" iterations. Which is what sets NBA 2K10 apart from the rest. Yet, frustratingly, it leads to the game's share of problems, too.

Beyond this point, the phrase "...for a Wii game" seems to sum up this basketball experience. The graphics are not great, but they are not bad "for a Wii game." Commentary and presentation are top notch, again "for a Wii game." Controls and frame rate, online functionality and just about all elements of this game can be categorized with that same phrase. Some people may view that as positive, others may not.

Read More - NBA 2K10 (Wii) Review
Platform: Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
While I will never purchase a sports game like this on the Wii, it's good to see a developer realizing they don't HAVE to include motion controls, and can instead let people use actual controllers.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 46
i don't think sports games really work on the Wii too well. In exception to Tiger Woods and the generic ones, nothing has really been that great
Old 11-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K10 (Wii) Review

I have found that any game that isn't Madden or Tiger Woods isn't good on the Wii.

And they even managed to make Madden suck this year by cartoonisizing it. It was actually a really fun game in 09.

I commend 2k for trying though. As a guy who was Wii-only for a year, I can tell you that any attempt at a sports sim is welcome, even if it sucks. Heck, I played the hell out of MLB 2k8 on my Wii not because it was good, but because I had no other option.

So glad I have a PS3 now. Lol.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'm really enjoying NBA 2K10 for the Wii, although I will agree it takes lots of practice to get the Motion Controls under 'control.' I may eventually pick up a Classic Controller just to see the difference, but I do appreciate the myriad of features/options in this version, instead of a stripped-down game.

Also, as far as Wii sports games, let's not forget the PES series as great games for the Wii; in fact, some reviewers think better than the XBox360/PS3 counterparts in gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9
The funny thing is 2k first attempt and it got decent reviews imagine what next will be like
Old 12-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
THE WII NEEDS TO IMPROVE ON ALL SPORTS GAMES

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »