Home

Tony Hawk: RIDE Rolls into Retail Stores

This is a discussion on Tony Hawk: RIDE Rolls into Retail Stores within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tony Hawk: RIDE Rolls into Retail Stores

TONY HAWK™: RIDE® ROLLS ONTO NORTH AMERICAN
RETAIL SHELVES

Innovative Board Controller Gets Kids and Families
Off the Couch and Into the Game

Santa Monica, CA – November 17, 2009 – It’s time to get off the couch and into the game with Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Tony Hawk: RIDE, the ground-breaking new entry in the popular action sports franchise. Featuring a revolutionary skateboard controller, players of varied skill levels can physically control the action by stepping on board to perform movements and gestures that directly translate into amazing tricks in the game; from grinds, grabs and ollies to Tony Hawk’s signature tricks.

“Tony Hawk: RIDE is THE new way to play. It gives a whole new meaning to game night by allowing the entire family to challenge one another to competitions that are as fun to watch as they are to play,” said Rob Kostich, head of marketing, licensed products, Activision Publishing, Inc. “It’s the perfect activity for the entire family this holiday season…and anytime of the year.”

“This is the game I’ve always wanted to make,” said legendary pro skater Tony Hawk. “The skateboard peripheral opens up a whole new level of interactivity and physicality, allowing players to control the action with their whole body. I can’t wait for everyone to jump on the board and ride.”

Tony Hawk: RIDE takes the popular action sports video game franchise in an all-new direction. The wireless skateboard controller was designed in conjunction with the game to offer a dynamic gaming experience built from the ground up. The innovative motion sensing peripheral offers a completely new way to play games. Without complex button combinations or analog sticks, gamers of various skill levels can literally step on the board and play.

Tony Hawk: RIDE is developed by Robomodo for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. Buzz Monkey developed the Wii™ system version. The game is rated E10+ by the ESRB. For more information, fans can visit http://www.THRide.com, http://www.Facebook.com/TonyHawkRIDE and http://www.Twitter.com/THRIDE.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33
And the Tony Hawk decline continues with another gimmick laden game.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
I'll be shocked if this doesn't tank.

Activision ran the Tony Hawk franchise into the ground, and a new controller scheme isn't going to bring people back to a franchise they're sick of seeing.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Tony Hawk: RIDE Rolls into Retail Stores

The board was suprisingly heavy. I didn't buy it of course,just picked it up in the store and looked at the back of the box. The weight limit is 300 lbs. in case anyone was wondering. It also suggested always playing with shoes on. Probably a height limit too. Doesn't look like it'd be comfortable for me,even less so that I thought from the pictures.

Of course selling the game by itself with an alternate control scheme just wasn't a good idea I suppose. Then everyone that had any intrest could've bought it. Wouldn't want that.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I have not heard a pin drop of marketing on this game and peripheral. I don't this will be very successful, even with the tired franchise name.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I have not heard a pin drop of marketing on this game and peripheral. I don't this will be very successful, even with the tired franchise name.
there was the viral ad with the dog riding the skate board. But other than the occasional ad on tv, Activision is seemingly letting this game die in a field by itself.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Activision put out the dog thing? I've only seen negative comments about it so even that went wrong.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:27 AM   #8
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I think I remember this game getting a solid 5.0 on IGN or something like that.

I'll stick to skate.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »