Home

Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots

Check out the official fact sheet for Backbreaker. We've also included 5 more screenshots.

Quote:
"Setting a new standard in football video games, Backbreaker rushes the genre with a new playbook for hard‐hitting action. Players take control of an unmatched on‐field experience boasting realistic, physics‐based AI for an endless variety of unique sacks and tackles, making canned animations a last‐season memory. With crisp high‐definition graphics and a third‐person camera angle that follows the perspective of the ball handler, Backbreaker puts players in the heart of the game. Rookies can easily pick‐up‐and‐play thanks to Backbreaker’s intuitive Arcade Mode control scheme, while veteran players can enjoy the game’s more difficult Pro Mode that turns off AI assists.

Featuring 11 versus 11 matches, Backbreaker also boasts online multiplayer for up to four players and split‐screen multiplayer modes. With total team customization, players can create their own rosters and adjust their team’s colors, logos and more. Going on the offense from kickoff to end zone, Backbreaker is how football was meant to be played on next‐gen consoles. Players can hit the gridiron with Backbreaker for Xbox 360™ and PLAYSTATION®3 platforms in spring 2010."

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots

"Custom" uniforms all look the same, just different colors. The 4th pic looks kind of strange. 4 people about 15 yds apart trying for the same pass.

I'll be glad to play it though when/if it comes out.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

"With total team customization, players can create their own rosters and adjust their team’s colors, logos and more. Going on the offense from kickoff to end zone"

This is all I needed to know. This means people here at OS will fully convert these puppies to NFL teams with up to date rosters. I can't wait. I need a new football engine, EA's Madden & NCAA engine is killing my gaming. I haven't played hardcore like I used to in 3 years because of the quality.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

No franchise mode spoken of. =/
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 12-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
No franchise mode spoken of. =/
Definitely will be a deal breaker.

And I REALLY wish they would have modeled players and equipment more modern and realistic. This will be a fun rental. But I have no plans to commit to spending $60 for a demo of an awesome physics engine.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Franchise mode hasn't been confirmed or denied yet has it?

― Plato
Old 12-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 36

franchise should have been a given after 2k8.

this is almost a deal breaker for me. ill have find out more but im almost at rental stage now.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
"With total team customization, players can create their own rosters and adjust their team’s colors, logos and more. Going on the offense from kickoff to end zone"

This is all I needed to know. This means people here at OS will fully convert these puppies to NFL teams with up to date rosters. I can't wait. I need a new football engine, EA's Madden & NCAA engine is killing my gaming. I haven't played hardcore like I used to in 3 years because of the quality.

100% agree even if there is no franchise mode the full custmization will probally get me to buy it anyways. That is if the physics turn out the way I think they are going to and the gamplay overall is solid.

Also I am not sure where it is has been said that their is no franchise mode for sure. I don't think that has been confirmed.

Honestly though if the physics and gameplay turn out to be top notch along with full customization I could stomach only having a season mode. I really never liked franchise modes that much in anything other than college football games anyways.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 12-01-2009 at 09:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »