Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Debuts at 2009 Spike TV "Video Game Awards"

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Debuts at 2009 Spike TV "Video Game Awards" within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Debuts at 2009 Spike TV "Video Game Awards"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I am torn, I am looking forward to this and EA's MMA game. I just hope they fix the robotic movement, add the cage as a tool to be used and a better submission system.
I actually liked the submission system.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by FA Black Aaron
Really? I think it was a good first time thing. But I think it just lacks depth of what it requires to get a sub locked in. It was so easy to just click the stick and bam you are fighting to make them tap. But putting a sub in is not that easy.

I agree with you that the system works and is balanced. I just would like to see something with little more depth.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
What - clicking the stick and often having to not work for it? It's kind of poor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #12
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Very pumped to hear about this! Hopefully 2010 is just what the doctor ordered!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
What - clicking the stick and often having to not work for it? It's kind of poor.

You still had to work for it. There were three stages of submission. You click the stick to get to the first stage, move the stick for the second and third stages. In the end, its a video game. I dont think most people want an overly complicated submission system.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
You still had to work for it. There were three stages of submission. You click the stick to get to the first stage, move the stick for the second and third stages. In the end, its a video game. I dont think most people want an overly complicated submission system.
Sometimes you work for it, other times you don't.

You can be completely dominating someone and then get subbed because you happen be not be at full stamina and they do something like reverse a slam. Some of the subs are almost automatic.

It's pretty poor.

Also the fact you just click the stick and put someone into a sub animation is kind of poor. They really need to rework it.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Sometimes you work for it, other times you don't.

You can be completely dominating someone and then get subbed because you happen be not be at full stamina and they do something like reverse a slam. Some of the subs are almost automatic.

It's pretty poor.

Also the fact you just click the stick and put someone into a sub animation is kind of poor. They really need to rework it.
What subs are automatic? Also each sub is position based. Its not like I'm in someone's guard, click a button and I'm have them in a rear naked choke. Triangles happen when someone is in your guard. RNC's happen when you have their back. you have to position yourself.

Also, its damn near impossible to get submitted at full stamina or even a little below. I've never seen anyone or been submitted with anything more than half stamina. I'm not saying the system is perfect. I wouldnt describe it as poor though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
What subs are automatic? Also each sub is position based. Its not like I'm in someone's guard, click a button and I'm have them in a rear naked choke. Triangles happen when someone is in your guard. RNC's happen when you have their back. you have to position yourself.

Also, its damn near impossible to get submitted at full stamina or even a little below. I've never seen anyone or been submitted with anything more than half stamina. I'm not saying the system is perfect. I wouldnt describe it as poor though.
Some reversal submissions are near automatic depending on sub ratings.

For instance, I just got submitted by some guy just now who I was dominating. I was kicking his *** left and right. How did he win? I shot and missed, and he just clicks a button and my guy is tired and his CAF has 100 submission and it's just over. He didn't have to work to position his submission, he didn't have to work to position my body to get it, he just clicked the stick and it was over. It's stupid. I've never seen a fighter in someone's guard just suddenly be put into a guillotine at the snap of a finger - yet all you do is click a button when they're down in your guard and it's locked in. It's just kind of dumb.

And I've seen people with full stamina get submitted in this game. I've done it to others and had it done to me - especially with reversal submissions.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 12-07-2009 at 05:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »