Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Debuts at 2009 Spike TV "Video Game Awards"

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Debuts at 2009 Spike TV "Video Game Awards" within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #17
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Debuts at 2009 Spike TV "Video Game Awards"

The submission system was kind of wacky and you all know some of the issues I had with the standup game. I like UFC 09 a lot though despite those things. They need to step it up with their second game. I get the strong feeling that I'm gonna end up enjoying MMA more for some reason. We shall see though. Hopefully we get two amazing games.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

I just hope they add a whole lot of animations and change the submission controls.They should be sued for all the palms they've ruined.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #19
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm hoping to see some changes in the ground game so you can't just hold back to stop transitions from happening. Another thing that bothered me, which it's not really that big of deal, but the fact that the Muay Thai clinch gassed your stamina, even if you were landing good shots. I understand if it takes more energy to use the Muay Thai clinch, but don't make it gas my guy so that if I get taken down shortly after, a submission is slapped on me and that's the end.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
I'm hoping to see some changes in the ground game so you can't just hold back to stop transitions from happening.
This was the thing that pissed me off about the ground game. Getting rid of that and a couple other tweaks to the ground game and it'll be good.

Really the only other things I need to see for 2010 is a better, more realistic looking stand up game. No more 1 guy gets to punch you constantly and your just stuck there. The other thing I want is a much better Career mode. More depth, cutting weight, maybe TUF?

Old 12-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #21
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FA Black Aaron
What subs are automatic? Also each sub is position based. Its not like I'm in someone's guard, click a button and I'm have them in a rear naked choke. Triangles happen when someone is in your guard. RNC's happen when you have their back. you have to position yourself.

Also, its damn near impossible to get submitted at full stamina or even a little below. I've never seen anyone or been submitted with anything more than half stamina. I'm not saying the system is perfect. I wouldnt describe it as poor though.
a guillotine from a blocked throw/slam was automatic on me regardless of my stamina/sub defense or my opponents stamina/sub offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #22
Rookie

godylla's Arena

I would also like to see entrances with custom music and lighting and pyro options. This is not a necessity, but it would be a neat future. Along with that, a customizable banner behind you for introductions.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #23
Rookie

The new UFC game needs an advanced physics system with grazing and tracking punches, a better defensive system, and southpaw stances. Oh, and a career mode worth playing more than once. They deliver that, and I'll buy.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 24
Only one way for this to go........AND THATS DOWN! EA MMA will force this title to tap out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »