Home

Build a Dream Team with Legendary and Limited Edition Cards in Madden Ultimate Team

This is a discussion on Build a Dream Team with Legendary and Limited Edition Cards in Madden Ultimate Team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Build a Dream Team with Legendary and Limited Edition Cards in Madden Ultimate Team

Build Your NFL Dream Team with Legendary and Limited
Edition Cards in Madden Ultimate Team

Take the challenge to create the definitive NFL team,
by collecting virtual cards that include legendary and limited edition versions.

Legendary Cards:
When purchasing gold or platinum card packs, there is a chance you’ll receive a Legendary Card, which can include legendary players, coaches, uniforms, stadiums and playbooks. Legendary player cards represent pros in their prime, such as the Vikings’ Randy Moss or the Packers’ Brett Favre. There are Legendary uniforms, coaches, players, stadiums and playbooks. These cards are very rare and contain a much higher value and discard value than common cards. Legendary cards also contain a special boost unique to the player, coach, stadium or uniform represented. For example…Legendary Randy Moss increases his QB’s short, medium and deep throw accuracy by 10 points in-game. You can find the boost value for the rest of the team by looking on the back of the card.

Limited Edition Player Cards:
Limited Edition cards are special variants that will be created after the game ships; primarily featuring standout playoff performers, season award winners, playoff uniforms/stadiums, Pro Bowlers and players who had breakout seasons. These cards are indeed limited, so only a certain number of them will be available for purchase in the “Weekly Deals” feature. Once the card is sold out, it’ll never be available for purchase again…making it extremely rare.

Perfect for card collectors and fantasy football gurus, Madden Ultimate Team provides a unique football experience, giving you total control over building a single team in the quest to be crowned the ultimate Madden team. The Madden Ultimate Team game mode will be available free for Madden NFL 10 in January, via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

For more information about Madden Ultimate Team visit: http://maddennfl.easports.com

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Build a Dream Team with Legendary and Limited Edition Cards in Madden Ultimate Te

So am I reading this correctly and the only way to get those particular cards is to buy them when they are available?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Build a Dream Team with Legendary and Limited Edition Cards in Madden Ultimate Te

this is jus despicable.

they are jus milking us now.
and i thought the whole madden shop thing was highway robbery
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

I was excited when i found it was free to play but if it the same as Fifa was and you can just go and buy a great team then there is no point.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

I hate the contracts thing with players. WHy can i only have Peyton Manning for 4 games? when i paid for him. Ridiculous.

IN FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM, once you buy a player, you keep him for life, HE EVEN PROGRESSES.

THis madden ultimate team is inferior to the fifa ultimate team of 09 by 100000 times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 01:21 AM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

I know it's the cool thing to run into a thread, both barrels blazing and start shooting at EA, but you're not being charged for these. The Legendary cards are randomly inserted into Gold and Platinum card packs.

If you actually go to the site, and you know...READ before reacting, it's clearly listed in the description: "Earn coins to buy new cards or card packs through your performance on the field, acquire new cards through the auction block, or purchase card packs through the in-game store."

So yes, while there is a purchase option for those that don't want to put in the time to earn the coins to "buy" the packs of cards; you can acquire these cards just by playing the game.

---

Thanks for posting the info, Steve.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:10 AM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Can someone clarify something for me. When it says 'purchase' cards packs, does that mean with your Madden points, or with the real $$$? Will you be able to purchase both ways?

I really like the idea / concept, but will need to see the game in action to judge whether the concept translates well in the implementation.

Does anyone know if they have a way to make sure the teams are even / balanced, or to set how many cards you're willing to give away when searching for an online game?

What positions do you think will be the most important? I'd list them as QB, WR, TE, CB, S, HB, LB, DLine, OLine
Old 12-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Can someone clarify something for me. When it says 'purchase' cards packs, does that mean with your Madden points, or with the real $$$? Will you be able to purchase both ways?

I really like the idea / concept, but will need to see the game in action to judge whether the concept translates well in the implementation.

Does anyone know if they have a way to make sure the teams are even / balanced, or to set how many cards you're willing to give away when searching for an online game?

What positions do you think will be the most important? I'd list them as QB, WR, TE, CB, S, HB, LB, DLine, OLine
More likey than not, you will be able to 'purchase' both ways. PLaying madden games definitely allows you to 'purchase' boosters. But I'd assume that a money option would eventually become available.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »