Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360)

Immediate impressions...

First kickoff return, was able to barely squeeze through tacklers and run it back to about my own 15 yard line. (Not all the way as has happened a lot before and no wide lanes to run through as before.) They caught me, but I did not notice the hesitation. Seemed a lot smoother. I fumbled. The other team recovered. I challenged, and the fumble was correctly overturned.

So far I am pleased.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:24 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

franchise stats for RBs and Sacks still the same for 360 as they are for PS3???
Old 12-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

i am seeing way more sacks by OLB's then before playing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 07:00 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Just finished beating the Broncos 38-10 in my Chargers franchise. Some things I've noticed so far post patch:

-Speed of the game has been tuned. I was playing on Very Slow and it feels slower than pre-patch.

-Blocking is a lot better. Like I said a few posts before, the o-line will actually try to get a seal on outside runs. I also had a TD run where my FB Mike Tolbert ran out and blocked the safety about 10 yards downfield, something I never saw pre patch.

EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight

-Passing is better. I say this because IMO it feels like they toned down those superman jumping swats. There were quite a few passing plays where before this patch I know for a fact I wouldn't have been able to complete the pass because a defender would have swatted the ball but now I can make those throws.

Here's a video of a pass that would have been swatted down before but not anymore post patch:

-CPU QB gets rid of the ball before a sack less frequently and also at much better times. I got 4 sacks this game on Jason Campbell and the times where I did get to him and he threw it away, it was realistic. One was when I came from his blindside and hit him as he was already throwing and the other was when I came right down the middle at him and he threw it away. None of those high duck passes happened either.

-Wire camera is fixed. My video above shows that it is fixed. Before it used to start off zoomed in really close but its fixed now. Replays for the most part last longer. On some of my TD runs it showed the celebration instead of cutting off as soon as the ball crossed the goal line. There was one weird replay though that cut off as the ball was being thrown.

Here's an example of replays lasting longer than before:

-On kickoffs the player you control doesn't get knocked on his *** every time.

-CPU throws to their best receiver a lot more. Brandon Marshall was the Broncos leading receiver with 5 catches.

-CPU throws to the outside more instead of over the middle.

-No more CPU sell out blitzes on 3rd down.

-There are replays after TD's now but not every time. Another thing is there were 2 TD replays that came up but cut off as they were starting and I didn't press A to skip them.

-Chain gang cutscene didn't come up once for me, which is a good thing as before you would see it every game.

-Adaptive AI adapts faster now.

That's about it off the top of my head. All in all I'm really, really happy with how the game plays now. Hopefully no issues pop up because that game I just played was one of the better games of Madden 10 I've played even though it was a blowout.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:02 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian
franchise stats for RBs and Sacks still the same for 360 as they are for PS3???
Checking this right now...

And it isn't good.

Adrian Peterson just went off for 2,549 yards and 28 TDs on 337 carries. Frank Gore was right behind him with 2,011 yards and 20 TDs on 345 carries.

There is 3 guys that finished the year at or above 7 yards per carry. Chris Johnson, Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson. Johnson and Benson carried the ball 182 and 233 times respectively.

Some good news is 14 RBs finished with double digits in TDs. Frank and Adrian are the only ones that crossed the 20 TD mark.

In terms of QB stats, Tom Brady had the most passing TDs at 37. He also had 17 INTs. Altogether there were 8 guys that passed for 30+ TDs on the year.

4 QBs went over 4,000 yards passing with Tom Brady being the high man at 4, 799 yards.

Here's some more bad news: 4 guys went over the 20+ sack mark. Kyle Vanden Bosch was the highest at 22.0. John Abraham, Lamar Woodley and Trent Cole were the other 3 guys at 20+ sacks.

3-4 OLB sack numbers look good. Obviously Woodley had 20+ sacks. Shawne Merriman, DeMarcus Ware, Shaun Phillips, Elvis Dumervil, James Harrison, Pierre Woods, Anthony Spencer and Adalius Thomas are the 3-4 backers that went over 10+ sacks on the year.

Anything else you want to know?

Last edited by BlueNGold; 12-10-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:08 AM   #14
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8

Thank you 360 users for giving more insight about gameplay
Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Checking this right now...
thanks much appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 07:11 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian
thanks much appreciated
x2. I am set to do some pretty major testing to get sim stats going the right way...hopefully some miracle happened and the 360 patch has better simmed stats then the PS3. Would save me a lot of work hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »