Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360)

Im more interested in head to head play. Here's what I need to know:

1) Hook or "yellow zone" awarness: Are the defenders no longer walking zombies? Do they acknowledge the slant and drag routes being run right in their neighborhoods? Do they actually close on the dang ball?

2) Flat route recognition in man and zone coverage: Are the defenders getting to their position?

In man coverage, are they taking sensible angles on flat routes?

3) Are pass rushers and blitzers allowing themselvs to get sucked in on play action fakes on 3rd and long still? Do they have a better sense of down/distance?

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 12-10-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 10

Playing the skins against the saints, default sliders for both. Saints loves to pass and the flats are still broken. Still cant get too the qb, oline still sticking to my man, even if i try to get away. So is there any sliders to help, what did they so for corrections in the patch, besides replays?
Old 12-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 13

BlueNGold, now THAT'S what I call Impressions!!!!!! Can't wait to fire this bad boy up when I get home. Thanks for your impressions, man!

BigBlue
Old 12-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Checking this right now...

And it isn't good.

Adrian Peterson just went off for 2,549 yards and 28 TDs on 337 carries. Frank Gore was right behind him with 2,011 yards and 20 TDs on 345 carries.

There is 3 guys that finished the year at or above 7 yards per carry. Chris Johnson, Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson. Johnson and Benson carried the ball 182 and 233 times respectively.

Some good news is 14 RBs finished with double digits in TDs. Frank and Adrian are the only ones that crossed the 20 TD mark.

In terms of QB stats, Tom Brady had the most passing TDs at 37. He also had 17 INTs. Altogether there were 8 guys that passed for 30+ TDs on the year.

4 QBs went over 4,000 yards passing with Tom Brady being the high man at 4, 799 yards.

Here's some more bad news: 4 guys went over the 20+ sack mark. Kyle Vanden Bosch was the highest at 22.0. John Abraham, Lamar Woodley and Trent Cole were the other 3 guys at 20+ sacks.

3-4 OLB sack numbers look good. Obviously Woodley had 20+ sacks. Shawne Merriman, DeMarcus Ware, Shaun Phillips, Elvis Dumervil, James Harrison, Pierre Woods, Anthony Spencer and Adalius Thomas are the 3-4 backers that went over 10+ sacks on the year.

Anything else you want to know?
no thanks, I was just hoping that for some reason the RB stats wouldn't be ridiculous like the PS3 argh....oh well thanks tho
Old 12-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 13

Guys, it might also help to mention what level you are playing the game on when you post your thoughts. If you're seeing coverage of the flats still broken, is it a particular difficulty, or slider causing it now? Something we'll need to test.

BigBlue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #22
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Downloaded the patch and took the game online. I was Pittsburg and my opponent was Minnesota and I lost 34-20.

I owned the T.O.P. by at least 10 minutes. He scored 2 Int's return for a TD against me. 1 by a DT and the other was from a FS. What's odd was I don't think I got any sacks with this Pittsburg defense and I blitzed regularly.

The annoying cuts scenes with the referrees were still there where they show the chains or when they signal whether a reciever catches the ball in bound or not.

I also forced 3 fumbles.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:28 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian
thanks much appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
x2. I am set to do some pretty major testing to get sim stats going the right way...hopefully some miracle happened and the 360 patch has better simmed stats then the PS3. Would save me a lot of work hahaha.
Just edited my last post with the results of the sim. Same results that PS3 guys were having. RB yardage is pretty high, YPC is high and sack numbers are high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Here's what I need to know:

1) Hook or "yellow zone" awarness: Are the defenders no longer walking zombies? Do they acknowledge the slant and drag routes being run right in their neighborhoods? Do they actually close on the dang ball?

2) Flat route recognition in man and zone coverage: Are the defenders getting to their position?

In man coverage, are they taking sensible angles on flat routes?

3) Are pass rushers and blitzers allowing themselvs to get sucked in on play action fakes on 3rd and long still? Do they have a better sense of down/distance?
Yes to #1. They are more aware in yellow zones, IMO.

As for #2, from the CPU teams standpoint I'm not sure as I'm still in the mode of not throwing to my backs from pre-patch so I didn't throw a pass to the flats my last game but when the CPU threw to the flats on me (which wasn't often) my guys were able to contain Moreno and only allow a couple yards where as before it would have been a big run after the catch so I'm assuming that would carry over to the CPU team's A.I.

#3 I never noticed but I wasn't looking for it so I will next game and let you know if no one else does.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:29 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Guys, it might also help to mention what level you are playing the game on when you post your thoughts. If you're seeing coverage of the flats still broken, is it a particular difficulty, or slider causing it now? Something we'll need to test.

BigBlue
I'm playing on All-Pro default, advanced playcalling with fatigue at 100 being the only change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »