Home

EA to Stand by Tiger Woods

This is a discussion on EA to Stand by Tiger Woods within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: EA to Stand by Tiger Woods

Hmmm..... What would sell better? EA Sports PGA Golf or EA Sports Tiger Woods PGA Golf? Strictly a money decision by EA to stand by Tiger.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 19

If the guy was not married he would be getting high fives in the clubhouse every week.

His crime was that he should have never gotten married.

I could care less what he does off the course.

He's the best golfer of all time and nothing that has happened over the last couple weeks changes that.

No offense if you feel differently...I get why people say it however I hate the fact someone always pulls out the role model card.

Parents should be their kids role models and if that's not the case your in big trouble.

If you are looking for Tiger Woods to set your kid's value system your a piss poor parent. IMO.

I apologize in advance to anyone I offended by my non PC post....and I will try and remember in the future that your kids look to my post for guidance as your too busy waxing the hummer or shopping for a giant TV at best buy to parent your kids.

lol.....end of rant
Old 12-15-2009, 06:08 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
If the guy was not married he would be getting high fives in the clubhouse every week.

His crime was that he should have never gotten married.

I could care less what he does off the course.

He's the best golfer of all time and nothing that has happened over the last couple weeks changes that.

No offense if you feel differently...I get why people say it however I hate the fact someone always pulls out the role model card.

Parents should be their kids role models and if that's not the case your in big trouble.

If you are looking for Tiger Woods to set your kid's value system your a piss poor parent. IMO.

I apologize in advance to anyone I offended by my non PC post....and I will try and remember in the future that your kids look to my post for guidance as your too busy waxing the hummer or shopping for a giant TV at best buy to parent your kids.

lol.....end of rant
i agree with your post somewhat and i use to say the same thing about "i could careless what they do with their own time" type of statement....but sooner or later the statement or attitude will comeback and bite ya in the ***.

just think about it.

personally now "i could careless if he ever golfs again" !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #12
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

All I know is that Tigers on sale at BestBuy for 40...And it's stocked on the shelves with no one buyin
Old 12-19-2009, 11:58 PM   #13
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
All I know is that Tigers on sale at BestBuy for 40...And it's stocked on the shelves with no one buyin
Maybe since the Golf season is over not a big demand to play a Golf game.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:27 AM   #14
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
You're absolutely 100 percent correct. There's only one problem... he is married so it doesn't really carry any weight.

I would also agree with the rest of your post, except there is one commercial that keeps coming to mind. "I AM Tiger Woods". It's a commercial that was targeted at kids and focusses on Tiger as a role model.

Believe you me when I say that I am not the most PC person in the world. I too could care about what he does off the course. I also could care less as to whether or not EA keeps him as their cover guy. It won't effect my perchasing decision when it comes to their golf game.

Let's just not try and sweep this under the carpet with "if's" because they don't exist.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #15
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I think this is a deeper issue than some think...

Me? This doesn't impact my game purchase decision one bit. I don't approve of what he did, but I just want to play a golf game and I don't care who they put on the cover. For other sports games I can barely remember who is on the cover even when I play the game all the time.

However the other day my wife asked me what I was playing and I said "Tiger Woods golf". Well... she kind of gave me the raised eyebrow. Nothing huge, but clearly it bothered her a little.

She looks at the money he makes off the game and thinks that maybe he doesn't deserve to be on the cover. I can clearly see her point.

While she'll never be bothered enough to ask me not to buy the game, I'm fairly sure I will get the "raised eyebrow" next year when I come home with TW11 in hand.

Will this kind of thing impact sales? Perhaps not given the lack of competition, but still it makes me wonder a little. What if I'm on the fence about purchasing TW11 next year based on gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #16
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

It all comes down to money. If EA thought/knew it would see a significant loss in sales, of course they would change the cover guy.
They realize they would probably lose MORE money if they took him off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »