Home

Backbreaker Trailer: On the Field

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Trailer: On the Field within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #17
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: New Back Breaker Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I read a while back that they actually have the game running at 90fps!
Yikes, wouldn't that be something! I know that 100 FPS is essentially the next step from 60 FPS, so if they feel they can do 90 FPS without tons of optimization, I'm all for that.

I suppose the trailer downscaled the framerate or something though, because the trailer definitely wasn't running in 60 or 90 FPS.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #18
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

i have yet to see a runner break a tackle. the only things i see are big hits and jukes. if anyone else has seen a broken tackle, let me know.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I read a while back that they actually have the game running at 90fps!
no, that was for the tackling sequences or something like that....game should run at 60fps.. I wonder if it was just that video, or gametrailers... maybe if someone downloads it, it'll move smoother.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #20
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Anyone else think its funny that David Hayter (Solid Snake, "Its in the game" guy) voiced this trailer? Or at least someone that sounds very much like him

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I think that trailer just made me not want to get it now. 90% of the passes they showed was dropping off their back foot passing. I paused and replayed certain areas and it looks as if I could see some suction blocking also.

The running looks really stiff and just on a whole not very polished.
The QB's looked like they were jump passing the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 34

Not loving those fadeaway passes.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
I have a feeling this game will be a one and done type game. I just don't see enough to garner enough sales to make sequels to allow it to grow.

Maybe it gets interesting enough for another company to step in and buy the tech.
The game needs a hook with all the disadvantages it has. The hardcore here may not want to hear it, but those free-form big hits may be enough to draw out some casual purchases. It shouldn't be expected that it's going to get most base football concepts correct on their first pass. I know people will hate to hear it, but Madden had back-foot passing in their game for years into next gen. At the very least this may be a case study on why it's next to futile for any developer to attempt making a non-licensed football game. I think there's a lot of unrealistic expectations riding on the title

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #24
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
The game needs a hook with all the disadvantages it has. The hardcore here may not want to hear it, but those free-form big hits may be enough to draw out some casual purchases. It shouldn't be expected that it's going to get most base football concepts correct on their first pass. I know people will hate to hear it, but Madden had back-foot passing in their game for years into next gen. At the very least this may be a case study on why it's next to futile for any developer to attempt making a non-licensed football game. I think there's a lot of unrealistic expectations riding on the title
I'm sure this will be a slider based game, for me at least. I absolutely love the catch animations; as you can tell the receiver actually looks the ball in, and uses soft hands on the catch. Still waiting for more to come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »