Home

Madden Ultimate Team Fact Sheet, Release Date and "How To" Video

This is a discussion on Madden Ultimate Team Fact Sheet, Release Date and "How To" Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden Ultimate Team Fact Sheet, Release Date and "How To" Video

Madden Ultimate Team will be available for download on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles at approximately 5:00 AM Pacific Time on Thursday, January 7th (NOTE: Exact time subject to change). This all-new game mode is offered with a free title update to Madden NFL 10. Just in case you missed our hands on preview, check it out right here.

Madden Ultimate Team is an all-new, strategic game mode for the critically acclaimed Madden NFL 10 on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system. Take the challenge to create the definitive NFL team, by collecting virtual cards that include everything from NFL superstars, head coaches, stadiums and much more. Perfect for card collectors and fantasy football gurus, Madden Ultimate Team provides a unique football experience, giving you total control over building a single team in the quest to be crowned the ultimate Madden team. The Madden Ultimate Team game mode will be available free for Madden NFL 10 in January, via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

Features

Build Your Ultimate Team – With complete customization, take control over every aspect of your team. Set your starting offense, defense, special teams and then take your team to the field by playing games in Madden NFL 10. Determine who will coach your ultimate team, and then tailor additional aspects like uniforms and home stadium.

Nine Card Types – Collect bronze, silver and gold cards to form your ultimate team. Select from player, coach, playbook, injury, stadium, uniform, and contract card types. Go for the best with legendary player cards, as well as limited edition variants.

Develop Team Chemistry – Get an on-field chemistry boost, by selecting players from the same pro or collegiate team. Choose playbooks, stadiums and coaches from the same team to get an added boost, or allow Madden Ultimate Team to dynamically update as the lineup changes.

Acquire New Cards – Build your team in a variety of ways. Play games and earn coins to acquire new card packs, buy or sell cards with millions of Madden NFL fans at the auction block, or check weekly deals to purchase limited edition cards. Acquire additional card packs by using Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace or purchase them from the PlayStation Network.

The Hub – The home base for building your Madden Ultimate Team, The Hub provides easy access to your card collection. Make team changes or acquire new cards via the auction block or in-game store. Easily view total coins accumulated, team chemistry, team skill level, team record and total card value.

Online Leaderboards – Keep track of how your team ranks versus friends. Madden Ultimate Team online leaderboards will track your overall record, including head-to-head, versus the computer, and more.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Madden Ultimate Team Fact Sheet, Release Date and "How To" Video

Few more hours. Can't wait!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Should be interesting. The only thing I don't like is the buying of cards and how it will play out when playing someone. If I don't buy the cards and someone else has then I'm gonna get spanked. I hope/wish they have a way to tell of someone has bought their cards or worked for them.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out how this whole thing works.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 01-07-2010, 01:46 AM   #4
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
This is really interesting. Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest, and a few other games are doing this digital card game thing too. And shockingly it is popular. Wonder if they will ever bring a stand alone app to the PC.

Would like to see an MLB version of this. Might have some real strong interest in that.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:28 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Should be interesting. The only thing I don't like is the buying of cards and how it will play out when playing someone. If I don't buy the cards and someone else has then I'm gonna get spanked. I hope/wish they have a way to tell of someone has bought their cards or worked for them.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out how this whole thing works.
You don't have to buy them using real cash. You earn coins by winning and playing games, and you use those those to "buy" the cards. FIFA did it the last few years and it was awesome. I hope that it it is half as good as that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 AM   #6
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
You don't have to buy them using real cash. You earn coins by winning and playing games, and you use those those to "buy" the cards. FIFA did it the last few years and it was awesome. I hope that it it is half as good as that.
I didn't explain that to good. I know I don't have to buy the cards with my own cash. I meant, I'm not going to buy the coins as I'd rather earn them by playing with my squad. I meant it's gonna be hard to beat people that have paid money to get the coins and, their team is gonna be stacked.

Sorry again. I tried to explain it but, it just didn't come out that way. Does anyone know if you'll be able to play with the "elite" status online?

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 01-07-2010, 05:51 AM   #7
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Here's a direct link on XBL

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...08c6?cid=SLink

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
Pro

TerpsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 8

So I play my first game online with my starter pack against a team that is supposed to have a lower rating than mine...then my opponent pauses and I'm assuming he goes to the bench to bring in Steve Smith (Panthers), Kellen Winslow Jr, Sidney Rice, Logan Mankings, Brian Urlacher, Elvis Dumervil, Brandon Meriweather, Shaun Rogers, Demeco Ryan, etc. Lets just say that wasn't a battle I could win. Add this to the player's preference to run fake punts and field goals.

Last edited by TerpsJunkie; 01-07-2010 at 10:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »