Home

Breaking Down Backbreaker

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Backbreaker within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
The developers for the game are killing people. It's 4 months from release and we don't really know much more than we did 2 years ago. Someone needs to tell Natural Motion to open the flood gates. lol
Old 01-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #18
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Breaking Down Backbreaker

good write up, except for this imo

"With all of this hype surrounding Backbreaker, it better be a good game. Otherwise, another football game released during the Exclusivity Era will be added to the Wall of Shame"

I've been following the game since it's inception. There is zero hype for this game. There are a handful of poster on their forum, and people here paying attention, but that's it. I don't think people should have their hopes too high, just get/rent the game with an open mind. I'm looking-forward to it and guess that I'll like it, but even with a 9/10 rating, it will not sell a million copies or even 500,000. This is niche and there is zero hype surrounding it.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #19
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Not sure what I think of the "evasive" and "aggressive" running modes. There's obviously a choice there but shouldn't player ratings determine what type of runner you are?

Who knows? Maybe there is no rating system in BB. Now that would be fresh.
lol, there has to be some type of rating system... there needs to be underlying numbers to make the game engine work

even "weapons" systems are ratings because they have underlying numbers attached to them... the skills are simply expressed in words rather than numbers
Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #20
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
lol, there has to be some type of rating system... there needs to be underlying numbers to make the game engine work

even "weapons" systems are ratings because they have underlying numbers attached to them... the skills are simply expressed in words rather than numbers
there is, but backbreaker could have gone with none except minimal. Weight, height, and I guess top speed. euphoria could do the rest with that because how force is calculated within physics....you could predict mathematically what would happen in any situation is you have weight, height, speed and angle of approach etc..

But in the interest of making unique players, yeah they'll have ratings - I'm just curious as to how many, and if any of them would potentially impact the game in a negative way.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 55

I'll be interested to see the non-ballcarrier interactions. That'll tell me a lot about how deep this game is.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #22
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
i am getting kinda pumped for this game
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #23
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10
Cannot wait to try out a new pigskin game. The no predetermined tackles sounds sweet!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
good write up, except for this imo

"With all of this hype surrounding Backbreaker, it better be a good game. Otherwise, another football game released during the Exclusivity Era will be added to the Wall of Shame"

I've been following the game since it's inception. There is zero hype for this game. There are a handful of poster on their forum, and people here paying attention, but that's it. I don't think people should have their hopes too high, just get/rent the game with an open mind. I'm looking-forward to it and guess that I'll like it, but even with a 9/10 rating, it will not sell a million copies or even 500,000. This is niche and there is zero hype surrounding it.
I think the hype he's referring to is from the gamers who are hyping the product. The number can be considered small by comparison to other products, but the fact that you see BB being proclaimed as the second-coming everywhere you go online in football gaming forums by people who've never played the game, is something of note.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »