Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #97
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

Why is there still lag on the first free throw? It happens every year and usually is fixed by a patch
Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #98
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

is there any way to avoid downloading this patch when it comes out for 360 without unplugging my wireless adapter? or can you just not play the game at all if connected online w out downloading the patch? please respond. thank you.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #99
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Also, it took me 3 games, but the music still playing after the timeout is STILL there. What's worse, is one time, the defense chant, got stuck. Never saw that one before.

The PA announcer in some arenas still announces the wrong team when a timeout it called as well. ie, if you're playing in Dallas, it doesnt matter who calls a timeout, he wil say, "Timeout Maaaavvvs!"
Old 01-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #100
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

^^I didn't have that problem last night^^

You should delete settings....
Old 01-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
For those people commenting on unlikely shooters taking 3PT shots...

Before this patch, there was a bug where people with minimum 3PT rating (25-30) had the chance to have their rating wrap around to 99 if they had a good combination of bad team chemistry and/or player morale. This was alluded to in the following note in the patch list:

- Addressed a rare issue where players would have some of their attributes jump to 99 when they had low morale and/or were on a team with poor team chemistry.

This release no longer allows this to happen. That being said, it's possible that your previously saved Associations have players that have already wrapped around. If you notice a few guys like this, you can always go and manually edit them to your desired rating.
That does not appear to be what is happening here, for a number of reasons:

The franchise I was playing on was about one week through its first season, hardly long enough for morale/chemistry to take hold as you claim.

This effects more than a handful of players. On my Bulls team EVERYONE shoots 3's and this seems to be the case with other teams as well.

Thus far the edits I've done (player/coach tendencies) have not had any effect. What is of particular interest is why an attribute's rating should have any effect on whether it is used by the player, i.e. if a player has a 3pt rating of 99 and tendency of 0, shouldn't it follow that the player takes no 3's?

Quote:
is there any way to avoid downloading this patch when it comes out for 360 without unplugging my wireless adapter? or can you just not play the game at all if connected online w out downloading the patch? please respond. thank you.
I would think that w/o an internet connection you are not forced to download the patch. If you do not utilize online for anything I'd recommend trying this...in fact this is what I would have done had I been paying attention as I was pretty satisfied with how my game was set up and I don't play online at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #102
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Why is there still lag on the first free throw? It happens every year and usually is fixed by a patch
b/c they put way too much presentation into the FT routine. apparently people wanted this enhanced presentation instead of just having that 2k cam type of angle that's on the second FT. if so, i think these people deserve what they got personally. i'd much rather tone down the presentation, cut all the arena stuff like the crowd out, and just have the same camera angle on both shots (the second shot camera angle).
Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #103
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
I would think that w/o an internet connection you are not forced to download the patch. If you do not utilize online for anything I'd recommend trying this...in fact this is what I would have done had I been paying attention as I was pretty satisfied with how my game was set up and I don't play online at all.
Its funny you said that. Because before I downloaded the patch....I backed up all my files on my PS3 before downloading the new patch. But I'm pretty happy with the new patch.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #104
Rookie

SimBaller's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
That does not appear to be what is happening here, for a number of reasons:
Ok then, thanks for the heads-up. We'll take a look and assess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »