Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

I'm like everybody else here, part of me wants to download the new patch and part of me doesn't. The centers shooting three pointers scares me, I'm fine with playing the game with the first patch only, it plays a good game to me. If only somebody could assure us its ok to download the 2nd patch without these crazy problems happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #146
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Played just one game post patch two so far...me (Griz) v OKC.

Didn't see the cpu centers take any 3 point shots at all.

Patch seems to have smoothed things a bit more, but nothing really noticeable IMO.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #147
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Played just one game post patch two so far...me (Griz) v OKC.

Didn't see the cpu centers take any 3 point shots at all.

Patch seems to have smoothed things a bit more, but nothing really noticeable IMO.
Hi Court Vision!
I trust every single word in this thread,but you are a professor of bball games so could you confirm the better AI defence and no stupid kick out passes???
Thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #148
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Well, the simmed 3-pt stats are definitely messed up. I loaded my rosters and settings and started a fresh association and simmed the first couple weeks of the season. Checked some of the box scores of games around the league... ridiculous. Celtics had a game where Garnett went 2-6 from deep. Shaq's six most recent games:

3PM-3PA
1-2
0-2
0-3
0-1
0-4
0-1

13 three-pointers attempted in six games for a player who has shot 22 total threes in his entire career which spans 1150+ games!

Unbelievable. First Madden with the insane running back stats, now 2K10? Why was this even adjusted? Sim stats were damn near perfect before the patch.

Just frustrating. Thankfully I haven't had a problem with big men shooting in games I actually play but this really needs to be fixed.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
But again...I wouldn't say the death of cherry picking. But if Tyson Chanlder or Shaq rebound the ball. Try throwing one of those long passes. It will go over the players heads. But if CP3 or JKidd make the same pass. Its more likely to be a completed pass. Which in my opinion is totally cool with me.

I missed a few dunks last night. PIP can be abused if the other persn doesn't know how to play D. Last night like I said a few pages before. This guy was driving like crazy with Vince Carter. But as soon as I back away from him. He couldn't drive for nothing. If it wasn't a contact animation. It was a contact animation and a huge block.
I've noticed more cherry picking personally post-patch
I'm talking about full court passes from anybody to anybody, with quarter back accuracy
And the CPU is getting cheap baskets with the cherry picking
For instance I've been playing the Nuggets and after almost every missed shot they just throw the ball upcourt to Melo for easy points

I can't even remember the computer cherry picking b4
Old 01-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #150
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

OK, I started another new Association—this time turning off team chemistry—and simmed the first month of the season.

Big-man three-pointer problem in sim stats is completely gone. Shaq has shot zero three pointers through 16 games. KG has attempted two.

It sucks for people who like this feature, but it appears turning off team chemistry will resolve this issue. I'm not sure whether turning it off in the middle of a franchise will have the same affect or if it needs to be off from the get-go.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 01-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #151
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
^^I didn't have that problem last night^^

You should delete settings....

can someone tell me how to do this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #152
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
OK, I started another new Association—this time turning off team chemistry—and simmed the first month of the season.

Big-man three-pointer problem in sim stats is completely gone. Shaq has shot zero three pointers through 16 games. KG has attempted two.

It sucks for people who like this feature, but it appears turning off team chemistry will resolve this issue. I'm not sure whether turning it off in the middle of a franchise will have the same affect or if it needs to be off from the get-go.
so for both tests, this a brand new association? also have you tested this with the official rosters and a custom roster that has realistic tendencies like nogsters?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »