Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #193
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

The 3pt glitch totally ruins the game for me, I am not downloading it unless they fix it.

It's really sad, man, they already released 3 patches (Day one patch, November patch, January patch) and a lot of issues are still there while new ones appear. Sad.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #194
Banned

OVR: 7

Biggest whiners ever... man. I know the game should work correctly right out of the box, but seriously... Saying they need to pull the whole patch because it fixes tons of things but contains a small issue when association is played with team chemistry and roles turned on that has centers take a few 3 pt shots a game... haha. Ridiculous.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #195
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
The 3pt glitch totally ruins the game for me, I am not downloading it unless they fix it.

It's really sad, man, they already released 3 patches (Day one patch, November patch, January patch) and a lot of issues are still there while new ones appear. Sad.

I know everyone is stuck to there opinion...or has a right to their opinion. But god almight...Has video gaming come to this. People see no positives in a game to play it. Granted it the 3 pointers by big men is a problem don't get me wrong (A huge problem for offline- vs CPU users). But damn the gameplay is just down right beautiful. 2k has made HUGE strides from 2k9 (cheese party). user vs user is close to perfect (in my opinion). Makes me feel bad when people are so negative. Thats not to say the guy I quoted is being neative it just sucks. No one see any positives here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #196
MVP

OVR: 8

I find it funny that online players are saying "screw association players." If I saw all the wonderful things in this patch that some people have invented in their heads, I would live with the 3 pt glitch. But I haven't. I've seen a decrease in the amount of passouts on drives. That's about it. How many of the people who are shouting about great defense are now using some of the suggestions in another topic about the right stick being set to absolute? Wouldn't that change your ability to evaluate the patch? I'm just asking if that might be why some people are claiming this huge defensive change.

The bottom line is that the three point glitch is big. Simmed games where big men literally take double digit three point shots between them can absolutely change the outcome of the game. I have the Spurs with Duncan and Jermain O'Neal with Shaq off the bench. Are you telling me that those three jacking up 10 or 12 three's isn't going to hurt their chances at winning? And to be told that if I just toss away my assocation that I've worked so hard on, 2 1/2 months after the game came out, is just ludicrous. That is just horrible customer service. I played NBA Live starting on the PC when it was a one on one game called Bird vs. Dr. J. Yes I'm showing my age here, but I want to illustrate that I was an avowed NBA Live supporter until 2008. That means almost 25 years, of which I probably purchased 18 or 19 of those years. It was not lightly that I decided to switch to 2k. Why did I switch? Because Live was catering to the arcade style crowd and 2k was catering to the sim style crowd. So when I'm told that my sim must be reset to correct a problem that shouldn't exist in the 1st place other than due to absolute sloppiness by the patch designers, then I'm a tad upset.

Part of me just says screw it, I'll go buy Raw vs. Smackdown and play that until MLB the Show comes out. For a company that is struggling to keep it's franchises alive (as in NHL 2k, MLB 2k), I find it mind boggling that they could put out a product that needs 2 patches and then still manage to screw up stuff each time a patch is put out.

So online people, enjoy your game. Those of us who are in the middle of long term associations are not nearly as pleased. I will definately be thinking twice about purchasing this game next year.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #197
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
Biggest whiners ever... man. I know the game should work correctly right out of the box, but seriously... Saying they need to pull the whole patch because it fixes tons of things but contains a small issue when association is played with team chemistry and roles turned on that has centers take a few 3 pt shots a game... haha. Ridiculous.
I think you have to consider others perspective here. By no means am I a whiner about a video game. This patch has been great for gameplay but this "centers shooting 3pt" has been a game killer for me. As I stated in my post, I put a LOT of time into my association and to start over or just live with Shaq and Dwight Howard shooting 3's when playing or simming is extremely frustrating. Especially when pre-patch this was not an issue. I play this game for association and an occasional online game...Centers shooting 3's takes the realism out of the game and my association therefor making it
a major problem. I am sure others could relate. I have been playing my association since the release so you can imagine how much has gone into it. Please 2k, not sure how, but please fix this. I would hate for this great game to collect dust.
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Old 01-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #198
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

so let me get this straight, the second patch fixed myplayer,league, alley, kickout passes,defense, cherrypicking,putback abuse,shooting percentages, and people are not going to download it because there is a change a center may throw up a 3 once in a game if he is wide open, okay good luck with that.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #199
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
so let me get this straight, the second patch fixed myplayer,league, alley, kickout passes,defense, cherrypicking,putback abuse,shooting percentages, and people are not going to download it because there is a change a center may throw up a 3 once in a game if he is wide open, okay good luck with that.
No, no... not once, maybe twice... Yea, it's pathetic.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #200
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
problem is, it is not once a game. Again D Howard put up 5! 5 3pts for Dwight Howard. Are you ok with that? Andrew Bogut putting up 3-8 3pts. Is that ok? It really takes away from the gaming experience. If you are watching an NBA game and D Howard goes 0-5 from 3pt and these shots were taken early in the shot clock...would you not wonder if Dwight Howard needed a "patch'?

Maybe some do not feel for the association/offline players but this is a HUGE deal. If you don't understand and cannot sympathize, please just let us have our say without criticism.
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »