Home

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 Discussion within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #25
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
re: Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

Whats the over under on what will be released first, Dr. Dre Detox or Gran Turismo 5?

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #26
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Gran Turismo 5 GPS Functionality, 3D confrimed Race your real world Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
Yeah, I totally agree with mniner here. With this feature it would be possible for a racing team/factory to preserve gas, tires, etc. plus the general wear and tear that comes from frequent testing. It would be convenient for the real race car driver to just pop in GT5 and test this way provided the game has an accurate enough real-world depiction of the car and track.

Kruza
Oh, of course. I never questioned its functionality for a second. Unfortunately, this applies to none of us.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

Seems these guys are really painting themselves into a corner. On one hand, I can understand them wanting to wait until it's as perfect as you can get it because they want to blow away the consumer, but it's happened so much now that when if finally does get released, they're going to get SO much heat because:

a) Some bug or quirk will still be revealed, and/or

b) The final product will not be as mind-blowing as many believe it should be with it having taken so long, i.e., "we waited this long for THIS?!?"

With the Forza's and other "simulators" of the world building fan-bases and simulation fans getting more discerning and expectant these days, I have to wonder if the final result of the release will be a collective yawn after the initial hype of the release dies down.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 26
Gran Turimo 5 Data Logger Visualization Technology

More Stuff for actual Racing teams, I see why this game is taking so long now, they are building a behemoth. Like Kruza and Mnimer said in the GPS thread, this is stuff for Race Teams but wow, the physics must really be their this time around. Check out the new trailer.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg data.jpg (70.2 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by backbreaker; 01-18-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #29
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Seems these guys are really painting themselves into a corner. On one hand, I can understand them wanting to wait until it's as perfect as you can get it because they want to blow away the consumer, but it's happened so much now that when if finally does get released, they're going to get SO much heat because:

a) Some bug or quirk will still be revealed, and/or

b) The final product will not be as mind-blowing as many believe it should be with it having taken so long, i.e., "we waited this long for THIS?!?"

With the Forza's and other "simulators" of the world building fan-bases and simulation fans getting more discerning and expectant these days, I have to wonder if the final result of the release will be a collective yawn after the initial hype of the release dies down.
Flamehead is wise.

It's my feeling that once Polyphony got a real good look at Forza 3 last fall, they decided their current best wasn't good enough to 'top' it. This was probably made more apparent after they got a retail copy and played it more extensively.

PD has always set the bar very high, even for themselves. Now, as Flamehead pointed out, they are pushing expectations even higher with another delay to the point where nothing less than a REMARKABLE game that's virtually flawless will be expected.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #30
Banned

For what PD is undertaking, I'm willing to cut them so slack. I mean the features list from what we know is unrivaled. Lets see they are going to have a butt load of cars(some clones) upwards to 950. NASCAR, this has to work simultaneously in the same game engine and their are a lot of rules in NASCAR. WRC, Drag racing, and Super GT. 16 cars racing on and off line, the latest demo already show 12. Some real world race team technology i.e. GPS and visulization data logger, new physics engine and damage model, HD youtube uploading, 8 megapixel photomode, building car parts for tuning because each car has its individual part, night racing and the rumor stuff like wind tunnel, weather, and a user generated track editor for sharing online.

Take your time PD get it right or close to right.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #31
Banned

This was the goal when they announced for online gaming GT HD, what will be realized I don't know, but they are ambitous.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 313sino.jpg (42.2 KB, 85 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #32
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
that was great
This is hilarious, wish they would have had GT5 in there too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »