Home

Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Check out EA's new 3-D Pod (Madden 2011)

I can't watch the video without installing some player, but isn't it just the mobile Gentle Giant scanning studio that game companies have been using for years now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Shouldn't we wait for gameplay information to be released before pushing the panic button?

Doesn't that sound reasonable?

A website produces an article about 3D modeling for Madden and people are demanding game play without any knowledge what game play will be added this year.

Ian is coming out with a game play SB blog.

After that, I'm sure will get a trickle of information till the end of July.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #27
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
You tell me how 3d helps with gameplay and animation and even AI?Like somebody else said in other thread EA has a new gimmick to cover up past mess ups that there not working on to fix.That why this gen sucks and 3d aint going to help.
Hmmm.....I thought that different teams work on different parts of the game. There's nothing wrong with this. Also, almost everything was finalized about 1-2 months ago. This is typical routine except with better technology. I don't see the reason why you guys are panicking and shooting something positive down.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 01-28-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Hmmm.....I thought that different teams work on different parts of the game. There's nothing wrong with this. Also, almost everything was finalized about 1-2 months ago. This is typical routine except with better technology. I don't see the reason why you guys are panicking and shooting something positive down.
I see who falls for the new gimmicks every year.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #29
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
I see who falls for the new gimmicks every year.
Yep, I guess I am looking for the new gimmicks because apparently they made all the difference in Madden 10.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #30
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
That was the response we got last year. They must have 20 guys in the art deprtment and 1 concentrating on gameplay cause we got colored cleats, animated hand towels, super bowl patches, ben rothlisberger got his number placed in the right spot on the back of his helmet...

What great gameplay feature from last gen made it into Madden 10 that hadn't made it to the current systems yet? How many are still missing and begged for every year?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 17

Before we see rotoscoped authentic faces and expressions, I'd like the game to address the gameplay and make sure that is the most advanced feature in the game before anything else. I want a new nex gen engine that utilizes real physics, weight, height and incorporates true player ratings into its calculations to trigger authentic animations....not this pre scripted stuff that picks from a pool of closest match animations

I want to see the subtle differences between a Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker and a Randy Moss. I dont want them all lumped into one model/animation with just different skin tones and uniforms

I want to see a variety of realistic sound effects in the trenches of grunts and pads hitting rather than hearing the same generic crunch whether my player gets popped up high or tripped up by the ankles!

I'd like to see real player and team distinctions and different coaching AI's for each team that play real strategic football to try and win rather than AI cheats

I'd like to see player ratings that also take into account, consistency, confidence, maturity as well. I want to see player's get rattled, I'd like to see players make mistakes!

I'd like to see recievers who can run excellent routes...and I want to see recievers that dont. I want these ratings to mean something

I want to see players and teams have certain comfortabilities with playbooks they run and likewise, execution penalties for teams trying to perform plays outside of their experience.

I want offensive and defensive coordinators to bring new playbooks into their portfolio and teams would have to become proficient at them before excellent results are achieved

These are just some of the things I expect Madden to bring to the table to elevate their stale franchise over the years....I dont want to see another gimmick feature like create a fan, sign, or referee.

I dont care how authentic Clinton Portis' cleats are or how realistic Payton Manning's receding hairline is captured! I want better, deeper, richer and more strategic football that rewards me for using my head in addition to my fingers.

Madden has been stale and unispiring for the last several years and I find it a chore to make it thru an entire game these days!

Come on EA, give us something fresh and mesmerizing with a passion for the sport!!......Want an excellent example, look at what MLB the Show has done for Baseball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
That was the response we got last year. They must have 20 guys in the art deprtment and 1 concentrating on gameplay cause we got colored cleats, animated hand towels, super bowl patches, ben rothlisberger got his number placed in the right spot on the back of his helmet...

What great gameplay feature from last gen made it into Madden 10 that hadn't made it to the current systems yet? How many are still missing and begged for every year?
Well, if you are taking that route in the first paragraph, you act like there were no gameplay enhancements at all in 10.

Yes, we all know there are missing gameplay elements missing from last gen. I don't think there is anything we can do about it until they are put back in the game. If you beg for them every year, it doesn't mean they are guaranteed they will make it back into the game.

Heck, I've wanted in-game saves into the game among other things, but that has been ignored as well. What is high on my priority list, isn't always high on Madden's priority list.

I can't control that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »