Home

Mike Wang Returns to 2K Sports: NBA 2K Series (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Mike Wang Returns to 2K Sports: NBA 2K Series (ESPN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 AM   #17
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: ESPN: Mike Wang returns to 2K!

The thing is Mike gave legitimacy to Live as a sim based game, since the inception of next gen system live was always been thought of as an arcade game.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I have to agree. It's great to have him back and I respect him of course, given his interaction back when he was originally w/VC. But just last year the forums were up in arms because of what he said negative about the supposed limitations of the 2K engine. We shouldn't be so prone to overreacting. Still, was an interesting article on what was said. And I'm sure his added talent will help make 2K11 (and whatever other projects) that much better

I wanted Michael Jordan
hehe, Engine limitations are different then having people above you wanting you to make a different kind of game and people above you always looking over your shoulder are different.

EA may have more money to invest in new engines and what not, but that doesnt mean everything else is better.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #19
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
"But after being there and spending some time over at EA, it was clear that they do things a different way, and in a way it's just inefficient and just not the place to be to make the best games."

Ouch...
Man, there are some extremely damning statements by Mike in that article. At what point does EA realize that racking their brains trying to come up with the next cool back-of-the-box marketing tool isn't working, while 2K is succeeding with a focus on making a solid sim?

That's not to say 2K10 is the pinnacle of basketball simulation. There are some pretty serious issues, including the horrendous online play, bad player control and movement, bugs both new and old, horrible trade logic in Association mode, and tendencies that really don't work too well.

Beluba can really help fix all of the issues above though. No doubt about it, Mike knows what it takes to build a hell of a basketball game. Huge win for 2K and needless to say it will be interesting to see what approach NBA Live takes in order to combat this.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 02-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #20
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Hopefully this frees up some members of the VC team to work on a CH game.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 02-02-2010, 01:02 AM   #21
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

So EA says Mike Wang is moving on to bigger and better things! HAHA Who says EA isn't honest? lol

He straight up blasted EA. Just makes you wonder what is going on with some of these development studios.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Hopefully this frees up some members of the VC team to work on a CH game.
Thats not happening homie. NCAA wanted to much cashola for a game that doesnt have a big market.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6
Icon6 Re: ESPN: Mike Wang returns to 2K!

Me thinks the footplanting blueprint has been swiped. hee..hee
Old 02-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
So EA says Mike Wang is moving on to bigger and better things! HAHA Who says EA isn't honest? lol

He straight up blasted EA. Just makes you wonder what is going on with some of these development studios.
I was talking to Ronnie when that CS dude said that. I dont think he knew that Wang was at EA. At least i hope not, because he jsut blasted his own company.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »