Home

Mike Wang Returns to 2K Sports: NBA 2K Series (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Mike Wang Returns to 2K Sports: NBA 2K Series (ESPN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2010, 01:07 AM   #25
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: ESPN: Mike Wang returns to 2K!

The expectations for 2K11 are going to be very, very high. Not only does 2K have the return of a very talented lead man, they now have someone who knows what works well in NBA Live and exactly how to implement it.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #26
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
EA may have more money to invest in new engines and what not, but that doesnt mean everything else is better.
That's why I said "supposed". There were a ton of people predicting 2K10's downfall just a year ago based on what he was saying. Again, nice to have him back and I'm sure there will be a lot of talk about what he said in the interview. But ultimately I think it'll be typical forum speak where we collectively make an issue bigger than it is. His move to EA was supposed to signal the Age of Live - it didn't. I'd guess his return likely isn't going to be as huge as some will make it out to be. HE'S ONE PERSON, part of a team. But is nice to have him back; as Rocky said I'd like to see it free up/add resources to take on other projects. We need a football game.

And I still would've rather had Michael Jordan

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 02-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
So EA says Mike Wang is moving on to bigger and better things! HAHA Who says EA isn't honest? lol

He straight up blasted EA. Just makes you wonder what is going on with some of these development studios.
This guy blasted 2k when he left there aswell. The " 2k has reached its ceiling" comment was the a great shot at 2k. Hmmmm I wonder what he's gonna say now that he's back......."Ummm I never meant that" ....lololol good stuff. Sadly he loses respect in my eyes because he dogged both companies. He should of said I thank 2k/Ea for being able to work for both of em.

Edit: Mis-read your post . Mine is pertaining to Mike Wang.

Last edited by kmart2180; 02-02-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 31

This again just confirms how EA seems to view each game year as a different edition rather than building a game that improves each year. EA has a tendency to scrap features, introduce new ones without adding little by little.

Anyway the transition to "next gen" that was the debate, to start fresh or to carry over a solid game and make it better each year. The winner is pretty obvious by all accounts.

The Mike Wang news isn't really that interesting to me but the news as to why is. Mr. Wang please carry over the playbooks from Live....they are kicking 2k's *** with that!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 14

I'm hoping he brings things over fro Live 10

Better AA-2k looks better but Live looks cleaner
DNA-Better Tendencies
Atmosphere
Accessories
Authenticity
Controls
Defense in paint
Playbooks

Last edited by NBA2k8 CHAMP; 02-02-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #30
jsg
Pro

its like a soap opera, lol. better this than 2k getting the exclusive nba license. i would of been depressed if that happened.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #31
Pro

Most important thing I hope he brings to NBA 2K is great controls. 2K's slow responsiveness can and should apply to bigger and older players, but not to the quick guards. Players like Rose and Rondo should be able to turn and stop on a dime while players like Dampier and D-Howard shouldn't, and it's obvious that Wang knows that in the way he had Live's guards moving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 01:28 AM   #32
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Dont know who follows the baseball gaming section, but i posted in there, that there would be news that would be shocking in regards to 2K and somewhat EA. People thought i was talking about football (i wish i was) Well this was it. lol
Unfortunately, as a basketball gamer but an even bigger baseball gamer, I don't know what this means for us in the end. I'm not going to say that one person can't make the game better, but "where are the guarantees?" is all I'm asking.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »