Home

How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11 (IGN)

This is a discussion on How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11 (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11 (IGN)

I really hate to say this, but, even The Show's World Series celebration is kinda blah......just a dogpile on the mound, nothing more.

In this regard, even Madden 10 is better. Still a ways to go, but much better than year's past.

Little things----like the coach still wearing his headset during the trophy presentation(lol!)----need to be corrected, but overall, it feels like I actually won something significant.

The commentary, on the other hand.........
Old 02-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #18
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Just throwing in my tid bit on how I think it would make the super bowl authentic. My problem with Madden's version of the super bowl...it's actually nothing to work towards. You get there, win, and boom, season is over, yay. NO excitement or emotion. You look on alot of threads on here, people are wanting to pick ****ty teams and actually enjoy losing some games because there is no real strategy to the games or the season. You work towards, well, nothing really.

My suggestions:

Have a Super Bowl week. Have it like a calendar, and make it optional, where if we just want to skip the planner and just play the game, we can. But on the planner, we can have one day where it's media day, with interviews and such. Then have a game analysis where it shows 2 guys in the booth at the empty stadium talking about the keys to the game, injury reports, rumors, etc etc. Cross-compare the stats and season results from both teams, or have like a highlight video showing off some of the season's biggest plays. Alot of this is wishful thinking, but NFL 2k5 was very close to do this, and I believe they would be there, if not a step further if they was still making games. So i do NOT believe it is unattainable.

Also, when the superbowl starts, have like an aerial helicopter shot of the stadium showing the stadium lit up, fans entering, cars surrounding the stadium, etc. Before the game, show the introductions of the starters, have the full national anthem (that can be skipped), planes flying over, show players warming up, coaching comparisons, etc. Of course have the patches on the uni's and such. Have the announcers ACTUALLY talk about the superbowl and the season that was. Then, at the end of each quarter, have like 2-3 made up commercials that can be skipped, or atleast have some sort of quarter analysis like they used to, and add in some super bowl over lays. Lets say the superbowl is brought to you by Snickers, they have something to do with that. Then, at half time, do the normal half time show with highlights, but with actual commentary this time., Watching highlights with no one speaking the whole time KILLS ME. SOOOO boring. You have the ESPN license, use it. Have Berman do the play by play. After the game has finished, have the team that won surge the field with confetti falling, fireworks, show the team mates jumping around with hats, shirts, newspapers, etc etc. Have a FULL trophy presentation, not just glimpses and pieces randomly put together like it was on Madden 2010. Then, have an interview with the MVP of the game, and things like that. Do something to REALLY drive home the fact that, "Hey, I just played a full 16 game season, came in as a Wild Card with the Cowboys, and made it to the big game and won it all"...bring some emotion to the table, make it feel like it was well worth playing the full season, and not just simming it all. I think a team should be hired on at EA to just focus on presentation things like these. It would add so much to the game.

Ok, that's my 2 cents. Please Ian and EA, deliver what we want this year!! Build off of what Madden 2010 started, and give us our first true, immersive football game ever created. We are begging you!! You would gain so many loyal fans, and probably re-capture ex-madden fans. You showed what you guys could do with 2010, build off of that!!!

Old 02-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

^^^^^ Excellent post! My thoughts exactly.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

MMBoost is dead on with his thoughts!! Great ideas man!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #21
MVP

mm boost's Arena

I would kill to be on a creative team for a video game maker, especially in the football department. I have so many ideas, it would take days to type out everything. I played for 17 years, so I have thorough knowledge of the game, in terms of x's and o's, and in terms of what makes football stand out among the other sports. My ideas range from lighting and reflections on players, to camera angles, to presentation tidbits, to sidelines and stadiums. List goes on and on. Sigh, I have to stick to posting on OS hoping someone hear's my ideas.

Thanks guys.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #22
Banned

Re: IGN: How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm gonna try and post some footage I captured of PES2010 and the Champions League intro. Hopefully it won't get shot down by the YouTube police. But that's the kind of Presentation that Madden team needs to strive for. The Super Bowl is as much about pageantry as about football, if not more.....

Here's a bit that I found on YouTube. This is championship-level presentation. And it only part of it.
That was amazing; I wish I was a soccer fan. Sadly, without stiff competition, we will never see presentation of this quality in Madden.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10

mm Boost's post totally drove it home in terms of presentation; I agree with everything said. And also, I would like to note that it would be great if all of these features would be compatible with created teams. When I got to the Super Bowl with my Boston Bulldogs, I was pretty bummed when I saw what was supposed to be the super bowl patch just a spot of bright blue. Or green..I don't remember the color.
Anyway, if presentation is something that the team is focusing on (and I really hope it is), please give us something that will WOW us and feel like we accomplished the ultimate goal of any NFL team - to win the Super Bowl.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #24
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I think seeing the reaction on OS to a gatorade dump mini-game and being able to say it was IGN's idea might be worth the time to build it.

IAN!!! Please say your gonna post here again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »