Home

MLB '10: The Show - RTTS, Training, and Pickoffs (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - RTTS, Training, and Pickoffs (Gamespot) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB '10: The Show - RTTS, Training, and Pickoffs (Gamespot)

Gamespot's week-long look at MLB '10: The Show kicks off today with details on Road to the Show mode, new training drills, and new pickoff moves.

Quote:
"There's a reason Sony's MLB: The Show baseball series is one of the most critically acclaimed sports series year in and year out. In addition to genre-stretching innovative features, such as Road to the Show, the development team at Sony's San Diego studio is consistently focused on the infinitesimal details that make baseball (and, by extension, sports games) so beloved. The result is a conundrum from a game design standpoint, however. While the actual sport of baseball doesn't change in a fundamental sense, there are 1,001 changes that happen from season to season--players retire or change teams, acquire a new batting stance, or change the colors of the laces on their gloves. And it's these little details that fans of the sport (and the games) are paying attention to just as intently as the back-of-the-box features."
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: MLB '10: The Show - RTTS, Training, and Pickoffs (Gamespot)

Some nice new screenshots! That pic of Ryan Howard looks great.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Just wish I had hi-def TV. It looks good on reg, but I want that sorround sound too. Just makes it feel like you're at the game.

Just curious about franchise. What do you guys play? I can't play 162 games 9 innings long. I don't like baseball that much, so normally I stick to RTTS.

I miss the managerial part though. Does anyone play anything other than 9 inning games, 162 of them?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Thanks for the heads up Steve!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

the pic of mauer taking his mask off looks sweet!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

From Gamespot:

And holding down the face button with the L2 button will attempt a deceptive pickoff. This is where the pitcher attempts to disguise his pickoff throw for as long as possible and only chooses to throw to a base at the last possible moment. To accompany the ruse, the pitching meter will move as normal during a deceptive pickoff attempt, which means there's a chance your buddy will fall for it when playing a multiplayer game.

Tune in tomorrow for a look at the online options in MLB 10: The Show.

Oh man, this is GREAT news. This should eliminate the fools online who like to quick steal all the time! And I can't wait for the online report from gamespot tomorrow
Old 02-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Gamespot's week-long look at MLB '10: The Show kicks off today with details on Road to the Show mode, new training drills, and new pickoff moves.
Thank you for this Steve!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan1970
From Gamespot:

And holding down the face button with the L2 button will attempt a deceptive pickoff. This is where the pitcher attempts to disguise his pickoff throw for as long as possible and only chooses to throw to a base at the last possible moment. To accompany the ruse, the pitching meter will move as normal during a deceptive pickoff attempt, which means there's a chance your buddy will fall for it when playing a multiplayer game.

Tune in tomorrow for a look at the online options in MLB 10: The Show.

Oh man, this is GREAT news. This should eliminate the fools online who like to quick steal all the time! And I can't wait for the online report from gamespot tomorrow
I went into a little more depth about the pickoff system in the impressions thread if you are interested. Just a heads up!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »