Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise and Presentation (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise and Presentation (Gamespot) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: One Week of MLB 10: The Show -- Franchise and Presentation (Gamespot)

If these are the only improvements on Franchise, I'm dissapointed. It looks like Franchise won't be adding a lot, just fixing bugs that were there in the past.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Uh, you really should read the CD sticky where Knight & Jim went into some detail on the improvements made to franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
If these are the only improvements on Franchise, I'm dissapointed. It looks like Franchise won't be adding a lot, just fixing bugs that were there in the past.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
MLB 10 will have 30-player Franchise mode, which will allow an unprecedented amount of control for players in their franchise. The system required an overhaul of sorts for how profiles are handled in MLB 10, and the result looks to be a very flexible system. For example, in addition to controlling your favorite team in all its minute detail, you'll be able to set things up so you can deal with lineups and injuries for every other team in the big leagues. That way, if Derek Jeter breaks his finger midway through the Yankees campaign, you'll be able to go to the Yanks' lineup and modify its lineup to reflect this--even if the Yankees aren't your franchise team.
Am I reading this right? Does this mean if you aren't controlling all 30 teams there is no CPU AI that will fix a lineup in a way that makes sense if a guy goes down? So if I'm not controlling the Yankees and A-Rod goes down for a few days and the CPU brings up a scrub from the minors just to fill in that guy will go into the clean-up spot by default? I'm not sure if I'm liking that. I'm all for control, but I don't want to have to micromanage my leagues to that degree. Once a season gets rolling it's really hard to keep up with all the guys going down with injuries and coming back healthy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #12
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
Am I reading this right? Does this mean if you aren't controlling all 30 teams there is no CPU AI that will fix a lineup in a way that makes sense if a guy goes down? So if I'm not controlling the Yankees and A-Rod goes down for a few days and the CPU brings up a scrub from the minors just to fill in that guy will go into the clean-up spot by default? I'm not sure if I'm liking that. I'm all for control, but I don't want to have to micromanage my leagues to that degree. Once a season gets rolling it's really hard to keep up with all the guys going down with injuries and coming back healthy.
What he is saying is in real life, if Jeter breaks his finger, you can go in and injure him in your game to keep it realistic if you want.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #13
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
What he is saying is in real life, if Jeter breaks his finger, you can go in and injure him in your game to keep it realistic if you want.
Oh, alright. That makes a lot more sense. I didn't think a game as advanced as this would drop the ball on something like that.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #14
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6

This tells us nothing new only because we already were dieing to know and we found out through this forum. Its not gamespot's fault, although yeah they do suck!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #15
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewersfan84
This tells us nothing new only because we already were dieing to know and we found out through this forum. Its not gamespot's fault, although yeah they do suck!
This. ^

We are so privileged to have this forum. This is stuff we have heard before only because of SCEA's committment to it's consumers. Thanks to Russell & all the Developers of this great game and the guys at Community Day for informing us earlier than any other site on the web!

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 12:30 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise and Presentation (Gamespot)

For example, if your shortstop makes a boneheaded drop on a routine grounder, the presentation might cut to a replay and then to a cutaway shot of the shortstop on the field. In all, real-time presentation might not be a back-of-the-box feature designed to sell a few million extra copies of the game, but with the hundreds of animations that were captured to give the game its lifelike feel in between the action, it represents the lengths to which the developers at Sony San Diego have gone in order to provide a more complete baseball experience.

Are you freaking kidding me! WOW!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »