Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: A Live Journal (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: A Live Journal (Gameinformer) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #17
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: GameInformer blog - MyPlayer Hands-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
10 balls in 9 innings, no walks ?
Did you read the article? He was playing on Pro. He got lit up when he raised it to All-Star.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 02-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #18
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I'm hoping it was a result of him playing against crappy teams and he was able to throw BP fastballs and get outs.

It sounded like when he went up to All Star, he started getting banged around. Hopefully thats a sign that you actually have to pitch on the higher difficulties, which in turn hopefully leads to more walks.....hopefully.
The good thing we can take out of this is, unless he was striking out everyone or they were blasting him all around (which didn't happen), he apparently had to go through many pitches to retire batters. I'm guessing the CPU isn't swinging at every pitch this time around, putting the ball in play on the first pitch.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #19
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I am not discouraged by the pitch counts. At least we can pretty much confirm the AI doesnt swing at everything because (92) Pitch count in 9 innings.
Also With the higher difficulty levels it looks like it made it much tougher. Plus he mentioned tweaking gameplay sliders! My player with adjustable sliders = greatness!! IMO
Only turn offs I had at all were : The fact he got two base hits as a pitcher and probably has measley attributes. Also the Fact that you could possibly start so late in the season. ( He mentioned his first game was when they were like 31-25) I wonder if it is just a pitcher thing

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 02-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
I doubt he was trying to play realistic baseball. Pretty obvious that he was throwing mainly strikes so batters were making contact early in the count, therefor the low pitch count.

Nothing to be concerned about in my opinion.
I don't see why this isn't a concern. The fact that he said his control was all over the place in his 2nd game and yet only throws 10 balls?!

I don't get it - are they swinging at everything (red flag since that was the problem last year) or is he able to throw it where he wants at will?
Old 02-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #21
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
I don't see why this isn't a concern. The fact that he said his control was all over the place in his 2nd game and yet only throws 10 balls?!

I don't get it - are they swinging at everything (red flag since that was the problem last year) or is he able to throw it where he wants at will?
I'll assume that it's the same that it was in 2k9 where if you make a bad pitch it's a hanger somewhere over the plate and not a ball. I honestly can't believe so many people are complaining that he only threw 10 balls when he was playing on pro.

Casual gamers like this guy don't throw balls on purpose to work the count. Even without trying to throw balls he still had to throw 2 1/2 pitches in each at bat, and that alone is better than 2k9.

That was default pro at that, assuming that there are sliders in that mode it would be EXTREMELY easy to fix the problem. So like I said it isn't a concern, especially when there are 2-3 difficulty levels above what he was playing at.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 28

lol, in 2k9 i was at like 70-77 pitches through 9 innings. lol all while trying to work the count. haha
Old 02-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #23
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

From MMChrisS Hands on:
Pitching

When it comes to pitching, you now select your pitch before doing the motion on the stick. Really, nothing has fundamentally changed from a controls perspective, but now ratings, stamina and confidence tie into a pitcher’s ability to pitch effectively. As an example, I threw four perfect innings with Koji Uehara while using the Baltimore Orioles (on Pro difficulty), but in the fourth inning I ran into trouble since my pitch count was on the rise. I ended up walking a guy and then allowing a single. At that point Koji still had confidence, but I was not pinpointing pitches as well as I had during the first four innings. I ended up battling out of the jam, but I had to really work to do so.
"

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #24
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
This is a great pic... looks a lot like MVP too:

Is that for the ps3/360? I hope not

Really good blog though. Looks good so far. Can't wait for more vids and info to come out. Interesting thing is that he was playing the final build...

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

Last edited by DirtyJerz32; 02-04-2010 at 06:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »