Home

Backbreaker Video: Developer Diary #1

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Developer Diary #1 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Backbreaker Dev Diary #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
What level was the AI being played on...Rookie? ...Pro?...ALL-Pro? I just don't know

Positives:

Double Team Blocks
Spectacular Mid Air Collisions
Proper football stances(realistic explosion out of stances)
Foot planting
Yeah, I don't think anybody should take but so much from this video. For all we know it could be user vs user or on a low difficulty. I will say that some of the animations look a little stiff, but I really don't have much of an opinion of this game yet. Hopefully we start getting the type of footage that we want soon.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Backbreaker Developer Diary Video #1 (Gamespot)

First day I posted on the BB forums and I must say that is the biggest group of immature idiots I have ever neglected myself to.

I am a football fan first, these guys are blind fanboys. I stated that their are some key fundamentals off in the defense and spacing in many of the clips in the video and they make immature posts to get a rise.

Some people I will never understand.

Last edited by Phobia; 02-05-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
First day I posted on the BB forums and I must say that is the biggest group of immature idiots I have ever neglected myself to.

I am a football fan first, these guys are blind fanboys. I stated that their are some key fundmentals off in the defense and spacing in many of the clips in the video and they rip into me.

And you think OS is any better?( especially the madden section)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

I am a football fan first, these guys are blind fanboys. I stated that their are some key fundmentals off in the defense and spacing in many of the clips in the video and they rip into me.

Well, a few of them come over here and defend the game to no end. I really don't think they are open minded to hearing others opinions which may sleight BB a bit.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
And you think OS is any better?( especially the madden section)
Yes, it is better over here including the Madden section. Opinions on both sides of the fence can be heard.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

I total agree with you on X's and O's.The aI didn't look good in the secondry.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

The funny thing is I am in BB corner hoping for it to be a great game. But I am also a football fan first and seeing some of the off X's and O's is a red flag to me so I state what I see wrong. Not in a attempt to bash the game but to bring to light some of the issues.

I think some people are just so closed minded they don't understand what it is to converse on a topic. In their little world someone has to be right and someone has to be wrong.

My perception of BB still stands though. I think the tech is going to be amazing and will push sports games in a direction we have always hoped for. But Backbreaker won't be the football game to take people away from 2k5 or Madden.

Ultimately the weight and physics of the Euphoria engine will break the defensive side of the game. Having a CB turn at the wrong moment bringing them out the play, having a linebacker take the wrong angle to the flats (ala Madden 10, just a single step can ruin a game and madden does not have true physics and it killed the flats), etc.

I think to many of these guys are not looking at this from the correct angle and when they get the game in their hands and go online and someone is using exploits to beat them they are going to be the same people going to the BB forums crying about a broken game.

I am more realistic in my expectations. I expect a amazing use of tackles, broken tackles, and FUN game. But I am also expecting a ton of fundamentals of FOOTBALL to be off that will hurt the online portion of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:

ummm...I just checked your post over there...and I didn't see anyone blast you... and you say "they"...can you give some examples, before calling anyone "biggest group of immature idiots" you have ever graciously neglected yourself to?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »