Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I & II

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I & II within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I & II

2K Sports has posted two more Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insights today. Here is Part I, which includes gameplay video.

Quote:
"My name is Sean Bailey and I am a gameplay designer on Major League Baseball® 2K10. I want to share with you a quote straight from the white board in my office. Hall of Fame pitcher Warren Spahn once said, “Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing.” After winning more games than any left-handed pitcher in baseball history, Mr. Spahn is as well versed as anyone when it comes to the battle at the plate between a pitcher and a hitter. In Major League Baseball® 2K10, we have provided an experience where the gamer will really feel the benefits and challenges of upsetting timing, as Warren Spahn so eloquently put it decades ago."

Part II is right here.

Quote:
"Now, I know what you are thinking… if this is so realistic, then why have I read from recent previews that there might not be a check swing in Major League Baseball® 2K10? Before we get into check-swing talk, let me clarify that the check-swing is in fact part of an upcoming patch. Pulling back on the right stick will play a check swing if you previously committed to a power swing or contact swing. Flicking up to contact swing and then pulling down will stop the contact swing. A power swing is performed by pulling down and then flicking up, as mentioned above. However, if you pull the right stick down back towards you after starting a power swing, that too will result in a check swing. This implementation of check-swinging makes it impossible to do one by accident. Pulling down on right stick = check swing. Never again will you have to ask “Why the heck did he check swing?!?!?” before contemplating launching a controller across the room. It also makes it easier to trigger when you actually want a check swing to play."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

FLY EAGLES FLY

Last edited by Jamin23; 02-08-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MLB 2k10 Pitchers vs hitters insight

You wanna talk about How do you release the 2nd part of an Insight b-4 the 1st part... Am I missing something here...
Old 02-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Insight/Game Trailer Expected Today

And here you go:

"Now, I know what you are thinking… if this is so realistic, then why have I read from recent previews that there might not be a check swing in Major League Baseball® 2K10? Before we get into check-swing talk, let me clarify that the check-swing is in fact part of an upcoming patch. Pulling back on the right stick will play a check swing if you previously committed to a power swing or contact swing."

It may be via patch, but at least they listened to the community and are fixing their error.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
You wanna talk about How do you release the 2nd part of an Insight b-4 the 1st part... Am I missing something here...
Edited so people see the check swing part.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 02-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Part 1 is up. http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/

FLY EAGLES FLY

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
Banned

Both are up, refresh the page. He said he had to do the 2nd one first for whatever reasons, but they were both up within minutes.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

So they heard the outcry and are patching it in. Good news.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Thanks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »