Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots (VSN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots (VSN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots (VSN)

Something seems a tad off in all the pics. I think its the legs. Everyone has giant legs!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #18
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

OVR: 7

with regards to the catcher being only a quarter down the line.... How often do you see major league catchers get all the way down the line on ground balls. Sure in college ball you see it all the time, but lets be honest, guys like Molina and Posada arent going to be backing up every single play.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #19
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickzeus
with regards to the catcher being only a quarter down the line.... How often do you see major league catchers get all the way down the line on ground balls. Sure in college ball you see it all the time, but lets be honest, guys like Molina and Posada arent going to be backing up every single play.
Well the Angels have Mike Napoli, and let's face it he isn't the slowest catcher in the league. I'm just saying that catchers back up these throws for a reason, and that's that they end up being able to back up a ball before the first baseman, where in this shot he would be of no help.

Even in the majors, they'd be much further than this. I'm not saying they do dead sprints especially in all of that gear, but you can walk further if you get up on contact (obviously I'm being sarcastic).

I'm just being cautious is all. If someone tells me they properly do it in 2K9 and back it up in time, then I wouldn't feel too cautious about it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 28

This game is intriguing, I may have a second baseball game this year.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 32

IMO, the graphics look average... Dim... Lighting looks bad.

Not very impressed to say the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #22
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Some New Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
Looking good!

I still think it looks a little washed out, but 2K9 had the same problem in screens and looked fine on my TV.
Yeah, I agree. The 2k9 game was actually quite bright and colorful on our tv's. It had that "2k sports, crisp" feel to it.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

ehhh alright, not good, not terrible, but alright
Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #24
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well the Angels have Mike Napoli, and let's face it he isn't the slowest catcher in the league. I'm just saying that catchers back up these throws for a reason, and that's that they end up being able to back up a ball before the first baseman, where in this shot he would be of no help.

Even in the majors, they'd be much further than this. I'm not saying they do dead sprints especially in all of that gear, but you can walk further if you get up on contact (obviously I'm being sarcastic).

I'm just being cautious is all. If someone tells me they properly do it in 2K9 and back it up in time, then I wouldn't feel too cautious about it.
Typical OS. Beating this catcher backing up the firstbaseman nonsense to death. Ok, yes they should be backing up the play, but at least he's on his way down the line. Is it possible that the ball came off the bat so hard that he didn't have time to get there?

Calm down people. Geez

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »