Home

NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #25
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
not surprised at all. I saw this coming very clearly, as I'm sure many of us here did also. Sucks for the big college hoops gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #26
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled (Gameinformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Terrible confirmation......

To say they still have two games! Live and stupid, and terrible on 1 console NBA Jam, isn't considered two games.

All they have is Live 10. NBA Jam is going to bomb big time, from everything I've seen and read, it's crap! And Wii exclusive was a bad idea. I mean even as a PSN or XBL game would have been more profitable.
um, that sure is considered 2 games.

so all the stuff you read about NBA JAM is crap etc? what the heck do you expect? a basketball sim out of it? its an arcade title.

its gonna be a solid fun throw back with updated rosters. could it bomb? possibly, but just bc you wont like it doesnt mean its crap.

video games = fun..

some of you guys need to step away from the consoles and relax a bit, not take stuff like this so serious.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 02-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #27
Rookie

Rickeysue's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer)

EA Sports is becoming less and less relevant all the time. No baseball game and now no college basketball. Yeah, if it's in the game, it's uh, not provided. SCEA is killing it with The Show and 2k has the best NBA game available. EA's college football game is also nothing to write home about. It's always the previously discarded Madden model anyways. EA is a second rate company scamming all of us sports gamers with recycled titles. I hope they go out of business. We consumers have the power and can make our voices heard through our wallets.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #28
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled (Gameinformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Ea still owns the exclusive NCAA basketball license, as has we have been over in many threads. There is no chance of seeing any college basketball game next year unless something changes.
According to the Pasta Padre article, there was no exclusive license. It's just that only EA was willing to meet the CLC’s licensing costs.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 02-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #29
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer)

...Well, I always liked SCEA's NCAA Basketball games...
Old 02-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #30
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8
Bring back the best college basketball game ever - the 2Ks. It was hands down 10 times or more better than EA's version. I will play 2K8 over and over compared with this year's version of NCAA 10.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4
2k bailed on NCAA Basketball because its not profitable. EA is now bailing because its not profitable even though they were

Apologies to all the college basketball heads here (i for one, like it)...but the sport is only nationally relevant for 3 freaking weeks a year. You cant invest millions into a 360/PS3 game and expect sales to warrant the investment. Even though 2k8 was really good and NCAA 10 was good enough, its not worth it from a business standpoint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4
2k bailed on NCAA Basketball because its not profitable. EA is now bailing because its not profitable even though they were all alone in the market.

Apologies to all the college basketball heads here (i for one, like it)...but the sport is only nationally relevant for 3 freaking weeks a year. You cant invest millions into a 360/PS3 game and expect sales to warrant the investment. Even though 2k8 was really good and NCAA 10 was good enough, its not worth it from a business standpoint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »