Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots (VSN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots (VSN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #25
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots (VSN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Typical OS. Beating this catcher backing up the firstbaseman nonsense to death. Ok, yes they should be backing up the play, but at least he's on his way down the line. Is it possible that the ball came off the bat so hard that he didn't have time to get there?
Probably not, considering the runner is already at first base.

Quote:
Calm down people. Geez
The thing is, we don't have much gameplay video to go off of. The one thing that will concern me about this game is if they can get their X's and O's right. I understand that's a football term, but if that makes sense, I feel it's important that gameplay concerns are addressed this way.

You must not remember the days when the third baseman wouldn't crash on bunts or the pitcher would cut off throws from the outfield, there were no crow-hops or pre-loaded throws, inside-outing a ball can induce 450 foot shots, broken double-switches, throws in the dirt didn't exist, power swings meant a ball would be lifted in the air 90% of the time, etc. They didn't have the game of baseball right, and even with the way that they have the swinging control scheme all quirky, it raises questions about their baseball intellects working on this game and how it is the manage the ins and outs of it.

Well, this is yet another example. Yes, they have the catcher having started down the line, but on an overthrow not only is he useless (since the first baseman will get to the ball before him), but the runner will be able to make it to second as well. Yes, I consider this an issue. I don't know why somebody would not consider this an issue.

And my point is that while there are no discrete gameplay videos to go off of, I can only do things like rationalize how gameplay is based on screenshots. I did it here (as you may call in a "negative light"), and I've done it before as well (in places you may consider "positive"). I'm not trying to bash the game, I'm just pointing out yet another facet that may not be working properly.

Oh, and I'm calm. This game just has a long way to go.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #26
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Really, talking about the catcher not "backing up first" really?

This isn't college ball or HS ball where the coach makes you practice said mechanic. In the big leagues you are lucky to see the catcher there 25% of the time. how many times have we seen a ball overthrow the first baseman in the stands, dugout or hitting the wall, and the outfielder or first baseman is running it down. Barely the catcher.

Come on now, it is moot, and there is evidence the catcher is making his way down the line.

End of discussion I believe.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #27
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Probably not, considering the runner is already at first base.

The thing is, we don't have much gameplay video to go off of. The one thing that will concern me about this game is if they can get their X's and O's right. I understand that's a football term, but if that makes sense, I feel it's important that gameplay concerns are addressed this way.

You must not remember the days when the third baseman wouldn't crash on bunts or the pitcher would cut off throws from the outfield, there were no crow-hops or pre-loaded throws, inside-outing a ball can induce 450 foot shots, broken double-switches, throws in the dirt didn't exist, power swings meant a ball would be lifted in the air 90% of the time, etc. They didn't have the game of baseball right, and even with the way that they have the swinging control scheme all quirky, it raises questions about their baseball intellects working on this game and how it is the manage the ins and outs of it.

Well, this is yet another example. Yes, they have the catcher having started down the line, but on an overthrow not only is he useless (since the first baseman will get to the ball before him), but the runner will be able to make it to second as well. Yes, I consider this an issue. I don't know why somebody would not consider this an issue.

And my point is that while there are no discrete gameplay videos to go off of, I can only do things like rationalize how gameplay is based on screenshots. I did it here (as you may call in a "negative light"), and I've done it before as well (in places you may consider "positive"). I'm not trying to bash the game, I'm just pointing out yet another facet that may not be working properly.

Oh, and I'm calm. This game just has a long way to go.
Yeah. I get it. Everything that you mentioned in your second paragraph is legit and 2K should be rightfully ripped for theses issues. IMO, while you may have a point about the runner going to 2nd on wild throws to first it's somewhat rare therefore I think that we're nitpicking and reaching.

I agree this game has a long way to go. I think most will agree with that, but it seems that a lot of people need to be validated on a regular basis and what better way to do that than come here and complain about a product with a poor track record that's not even out yet because you know the majority will pile on.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #28
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

I never really complained, I just stated an observation that didn't quite please me based on the screenshot.

But I just played the 2K9 demo this morning and noticed that the catcher does indeed run up the line (at enough speed to play as the backup), so I think we can be worry-free in that department. All sounds good then.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
I agree this game has a long way to go. I think most will agree with that, but it seems that a lot of people need to be validated on a regular basis and what better way to do that than come here and complain about a product with a poor track record that's not even out yet because you know the majority will pile on.
^

Don't post here often, but ^

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »