Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Questions For 2/19

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Questions For 2/19 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Major League Baseball 2K10 Questions For 2/19

All right, so for at least a couple Fridays (starting 2/19) we're going to be running some MLB 2K10 articles. In these articles we'll have some exclusive screens.

Where you guys come in is the questions. Each week we will submit some questions to the MLB 2K10 developers, and each Friday with the screens a developer will also answer five questions.

So ask away OSers...

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 2K10 Questions

My question is a bit on the technical side, and I apologize if it's not really answerable:

Have there been any improvements made to real time presentation? Specifically, does each process in the game "wait" for the others to complete for the next set of processes to "start"?

I'll give an example since I'm probably not semantically wording my question correctly: Say a batter grounds out. In real time, the batter will then return to the dugout as the team on defense will throw the ball around the horn, and the on-deck batter will approach the plate. Well if the batter approaches the box before everything else finishes, he'll just wait there. Once everything finishes (pitcher has the ball on the mound, retired batter-runner is in the dugout, defense has positioned themselves, Steve Phillips is done talking, etc.), then the new set of processes will start. So, the camera will then go on the batter (rather than before or after), Gary Thorne will start talking, the PA guy will announce his name, the runners will lead off, etc.

In a sense, none of these will stream independently, and instead rely on each other to finish in order to start up again. It almost make the real time idea moot in that it doesn't make use of each process working around each other to decrease the amount of time spent waiting on each other.

Second question about real time is will the player actually be able to make his trip around the bases on a home run this time, or will it cut away?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Hey Chaseb!

I have a few questions I'd like to see asked and answered if possible.

1)What enhancements have there been to base running and base running animations and/or user control?

2)Have any new "running" animations been added. Previous years players running styles have looked robotic. Causing the running animations while fielding in the outfield,fielding as a catcher and/or pitcher and baseman to not look natural.

3)How many new "nuance' animations have been added? NBA 2K10 seems to have upped the ante in this department has MLB 2K10 followed suit?

4)Stadium weather and Seattle Dome closing...In or out or next year?

5)Create a player? As in-depth as NBA 2K10?

6)Has last years real time presentation been improved? Will we see new dugout interaction,batter walk ups etc?

7)Have they kept the ability to edit the camera from pitching and batting this year like in last years title? tell them they were on the cutting edge of this type of ability and that if in fact they chose to stick with it...
Old 02-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
My question is a bit on the technical side, and I apologize if it's not really answerable:

Have there been any improvements made to real time presentation? Specifically, does each process in the game "wait" for the others to complete for the next set of processes to "start"?

I'll give an example since I'm probably not semantically wording my question correctly: Say a batter grounds out. In real time, the batter will then return to the dugout as the team on defense will throw the ball around the horn, and the on-deck batter will approach the plate. Well if the batter approaches the box before everything else finishes, he'll just wait there. Once everything finishes (pitcher has the ball on the mound, retired batter-runner is in the dugout, defense has positioned themselves, Steve Phillips is done talking, etc.), then the new set of processes will start. So, the camera will then go on the batter (rather than before or after), Gary Thorne will start talking, the PA guy will announce his name, the runners will lead off, etc.

In a sense, none of these will stream independently, and instead rely on each other to finish in order to start up again. It almost make the real time idea moot in that it doesn't make use of each process working around each other to decrease the amount of time spent waiting on each other.

Second question about real time is will the player actually be able to make his trip around the bases on a home run this time, or will it cut away?

Very good point...I touched on this in question 6. Blzer really nailed it...
Old 02-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Cianfrocco's Arena

OVR: 4

Will there ever be a feature similar to NCAA Football's Team Builder, where we can create teams online and import them into the game? Maybe even an option to create more uniforms and add them to existing teams. I would love to see more retro uniforms for each team, but I understand the limitations, so I am happy with what he have, but giving us the ability to create our own would open limitless posibilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

- Is the PS3 version on par with the 360 version this year visually? Is the game locked at 60 FPS and are the jaggies addressed with anti-aliasing?

- And probably something of little concern to some, but does the score overlay stay on the screen this year? Last year it would disappear when doing certain camera cuts and such.

- How many generic stances have been added? It kind of becomes strange looking when you see multiple people with the same gawky looking generic stances.

- What different times of day can you start a game on?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 02-11-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15

Has the online frame rate and lag been improved?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Can we change the fielding cameras at all this year?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »