Home

MLB '10: The Show Blog: Catcher Calling the Game

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Blog: Catcher Calling the Game within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #9
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 10: The Show – Catcher Calling the Game Blog

To make this new feature more exciting, I think I am going to turn up the CPU Base Stealing Frequency slider so I have more attempts to throw out base runners; I'm hoping this will add more excitement to the fielding aspect of the RTTS.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

in 09, it seems like all runners with reasonable speed will try to steal off of you... thats how i find it anyways...

i usually have to throw to second 3 times a game
Old 02-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
Maybe I'm missing something, but I think this mode will be fun for all of 15 minutes. To call every pitch of every game, but that's your only involvement (+ hitting, of course)? It seems to me your RTTS career would quickly turn into a marathon.
Well it's all about how you approach it of course. I think it's just up to how into pitching you are in the first place or managing games since it's the decisions you're trying to make that affect what's happening in the game. Or of course, if you just love the catcher position in the first place.

My appeal to it would stem from the fact that I usually create a pitcher for RTTS and would like to maybe get a chance to mix that with being an offensive force. To me anyways, if you love that feeling you get when you K a player or all the thinking that's involved for calling on what pitches are working between which ones you need, then you'd enjoy this mode. Maybe someone could explain why they'd want to use this position better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #12
Go Cubs Go

PLite14's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Wish it was sounds of show blog that was promised to be posted around 2/15 according to Jason Villa at SCEA, but it's not. I can make a RTTS catcher when the game comes out, I can't use sounds of the show on release day without having some music to go with the in game situations. I love the last line on the blog, "I hope you enjoy the new Catcher Calling the Game feature when it, and the rest of MLB 10 The Show hits shelves, March 2." I would love to enjoy sounds of the show on March 2nd too guys.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/
It was never promised. He simply said to look for it around then. The developers have better things to do then create these blogs, but they do them so we can get a sneak peak of the game beforehand. Lets just enjoy what they show us, and if worst comes to worst, you can get your music together when the game comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan80
Did SCEA say what 5 minor league stadiums they created this year?
They are generic minor league parks.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

I think this is great. Now the next natural step for the catcher mode would be to implement more game controlling abilities, like the catcher dictating 1st and 3rd situations, bunt defenses, and scripted pickoff plays. Also throwing behind runners as a catcher would be good. I know it was in 09, but it would be great to be able to throw OUT runners after a pitch that are taking too big of a lead.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
It was never promised.
Correct.

So if it's not blogged we won't be able to figure out how to use the sounds in the game, lol.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #15
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Correct.

So if it's not blogged we won't be able to figure out how to use the sounds in the game, lol.
Jim I know how to use sounds of show in the game. What I'm saying if they are allowing music for walks, I would like to know this. That way before the game is out I can have Respect by Aretha, or Walk This Way by Run DMC already downloaded. If we wait until release date then I gotta go download those songs, but I'm saying why not put a blog up with the list of in game situations that way I can already have those songs downloaded. I thought that was common sense Jim, but I guess not for you.

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 02-16-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 06:20 PM   #16
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Braves fans sure are demanding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »