Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Dated, 3 Innings Phillies @ Yankees

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Dated, 3 Innings Phillies @ Yankees within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Dated, 3 Innings Phillies @ Yankees

According to Ronnie's Twitter account, the Major League Baseball 2K10 demos have been given release dates. 360 users will see the demo on February 23rd, while the PS3 folks see it on March 4th.

It has been confirmed the demo will be 3 innings, Phillies @ Yankees.

Quote:
"MLB 2K10 XBOX 360 Demo to be Released 2/23, PS3 3/4. Wanted to get that PS3 demo earlier but not on us as we got 360 ready!"

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Demo Details

So what does that mean?

They worked on the 360 one and got it ready, but someone else did the PS3 one?

The sentence structure is confusing.

Anyhow.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Looking forward to Tuesday.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

I figured something like this would happen. Normally this is an approval issue, and this definitely isn't the first time this happened between 2K and Sony.

I wouldn't say that we can fully blame 2K for this one, but there's something about their history with Sony where they haven't found a way to change this approval process for the better.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

"not on us". How about taking responsibility? I know that's a lost thing these days with these companies but yeah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I figured something like this would happen. Normally this is an approval issue, and this definitely isn't the first time this happened between 2K and Sony.

I wouldn't say that we can fully blame 2K for this one, but there's something about their history with Sony where they haven't found a way to change this approval process for the better.
I have seen the exact same things happen with EA and others with MSFT.

Just the sentence structure through me off, and sounded like they worked on getting the 360 ready, while the other...
Old 02-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I have seen the exact same things happen with EA and others with MSFT.

Just the sentence structure through me off, and sounded like they worked on getting the 360 ready, while the other...
Yeah, I just think what he meant was that this wasn't on them, as they sent both in for approval at the same time and obviously Microsoft was okay to get the demo out the door on the alloted date. Obviously Sony wasn't quite keen on what they sent them, and probably had to go back for some type of memory optimization or something of another.

Honestly, it could just be that they don't want it to be released the same day as the demo for The Show (Sony, that is). I don't know if they're allowed to do something like that, but it could certainly be a lingering concern of theirs all the meanwhile.

Hopefully I'll have both games in my hands next week anyway, so that way the demo won't be of too much concern for me. But I can see why a lot of PS3 users can be skeptical at this point.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbeast
"not on us". How about taking responsibility? I know that's a lost thing these days with these companies but yeah.
Well, we don't know if it was their fault. To me, when he says that it's "not on us", it sounds like they tried to get the PS3 demo out the same time as the 360, but Sony wouldn't release it till the 4th, and if that's the case, then it wouldn't be 2K's fault, so there would be no need for them to take the responsibilty for it being late, but we don't really know. It's all speculation really.

EDIT: what Blzr said
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »