Home

MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 First Baseman (Show Community Site)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 First Baseman (Show Community Site) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #9
Pro

Ronstr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 First Baseman (Show Community Site)

Really don't see Cabrera at 5.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #10
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Wow, Russ. Where is Adrian Gonzalez??
Old 02-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

this is bull, where is my boy D LEE!!!! No way Fielder should be up there. Yea he can hit HR's but his D is very meh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Top 5 First basemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLNYankee
The only thing I can think of is that Derrek Lee is a better hitter and has a higher OPS, defense the last several years.

The main thing that Stunts Gonzalez is the pitchers park he plays in and the horrible lineup around him.
The difference is really negligible, they're virtually the same player across the board.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:38 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
yes, and he just got better this year! I dont get it
I don't think he got better. Sure he hit a career high 40 HR, 4 more than last. But he had 20 less RBI compared to last year.

His BA has been declining the last 3 years...not by much but it's still something to speculate on.

His OBP is the one bright spot that he has improved on. That goes with the career high 119 walks. But there is a very good reason for that. You all said it. His team sucks. Nobody in their right mind pitches to this guy.

It is absurd to think that someone improved from 60,70, to 119 walks. Yes he has good discipline, however he benefited from his teammates big time there.

Also, Derrek is probably faster, maybe a better baserunner, maybe better bunting, maybe better arm strength and accuracy. Do you guys get my point? He isn't rated higher cause he's a better hitter and defender, he's rated higher cause his overall game is probably more rounded out than Adrians. And yes some fat guys like Pujols and Tex are good base runners. And Fielders bat makes up big time for his lack of speed and base running.

Last edited by Derek2Jeter; 02-19-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
this is bull, where is my boy D LEE!!!! No way Fielder should be up there. Yea he can hit HR's but his D is very meh.
I don't see you complaining about Howard. Fielder actually is turning into a .300 hitter. Howard is a bad contact hitter and can't hit lefties even if his life were to depended on it. And don't tell me that Ryan Howard is a good fielder, because he isn't.Maybe decent at best.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek2Jeter
I don't think he got better. Sure he hit a career high 40 HR, 4 more than last. But he had 20 less RBI compared to last year.

His BA has been declining the last 3 years...not by much but it's still something to speculate on.

His OBP is the one bright spot that he has improved on. That goes with the career high 119 walks. But there is a very good reason for that. You all said it. His team sucks. Nobody in their right mind pitches to this guy.

It is absurd to think that someone improved from 60,70, to 119 walks. Yes he has good discipline, however he benefited from his teammates big time there.

Also, Derrek is probably faster, maybe a better baserunner, maybe better bunting, maybe better arm strength and accuracy. Do you guys get my point? He isn't rated higher cause he's a better hitter and defender, he's rated higher cause his overall game is probably more rounded out than Adrians. And yes some fat guys like Pujols and Tex are good base runners. And Fielders bat makes up big time for his lack of speed and base running.
Maybe his lack of RBI has to do with guys not being on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

ahhh....was there any doubt at who would be #1?

Looking forward to another franchise with Albert Pujols.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »