Home

MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 Catchers (Show Community Site)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 Catchers (Show Community Site) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 Catchers (Show Community Site)

Out of all them Victor is my fav. Even though is fielding isn't all there and runs like he has a fridge on his back!!!

Watch out for JR Towles, he's a sleeper.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #18
Rookie

dunlopp9987's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecko25
Yeah I agree with Weiters being rated as high as he is. But I do like Gordon Beckham! lol.
Don't like Beckham. He's a punk kid who thinks he's the greatest thing to hit baseball since the bat. He just oozes cocky. Though that makes sense, look at their manager...

Anyone else surprised Mauer's power numbers aren't higher? 28 homeruns last season, finally gaining the power that everyone thought he would eventually have. That may have to be something I edit when I get the game...
Old 02-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by foocards88
Wow, has anyone at Sony ever see Yadi play defense? A 76 in arm accuracy? How many baserunners did he pick off with dart like accuracy throws to Pujols at first this year? And all the 12-6 curves he picked out of the dirt last year from Waino and Carp. And you give him an 84? Definitely first thing I'm doing is editing ratings. I cannot wait to see what crap rating they gave Brendan Ryan who should have won gold glove at SS last year.
I say we just make ever Cardinal 99 overall, who's with me?
Old 02-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
Don't like Beckham. He's a punk kid who thinks he's the greatest thing to hit baseball since the bat. He just oozes cocky. Though that makes sense, look at their manager...

Anyone else surprised Mauer's power numbers aren't higher? 28 homeruns last season, finally gaining the power that everyone thought he would eventually have. That may have to be something I edit when I get the game...
You couldn't be more wrong.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #21
Rookie

dunlopp9987's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
You couldn't be more wrong.
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/blac...tion-swap.html

The manager calls him borderline cocky. Sooner or later that's gonna come back to bite him. If he were with a different manager who encouraged players to play the game the right way, maybe he would change that. Unfortunately, at this moment, Ozzie Guillen is still manning that disaster of a team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/blac...tion-swap.html

The manager calls him borderline cocky. Sooner or later that's gonna come back to bite him. If he were with a different manager who encouraged players to play the game the right way, maybe he would change that. Unfortunately, at this moment, Ozzie Guillen is still manning that disaster of a team.
I don't want to turn this into a Beckham debate, but Tim Kurkjian of ESPN has described Beckham as an Evan Longoria type. Being that he has a little cockiness to him (just enough to think that he belongs in the Majors) but very respectful of the game.

I don't think his "cockiness" will "come back to bite him". Many agree that Beckham is a stud and fully expect him to explode this season.

Clearly you have some reservations against the White Sox which I feel is clouding your judgement on Beckham.

Back to the topic at hand...

I'll be interested to see how much potential factors in on these ratings. I wonder how high they'll rate other highly regarded prospects from last season like McCutchen, Bailey, Beckham, Andrus, etc.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 14

The list looks fine with me.

I love how every one of these threads turns into a //player from my team should be higher WTF!!!!//
Old 02-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
The list looks fine with me.

I love how every one of these threads turns into a //player from my team should be higher WTF!!!!//
Well of course. Our teams are the best in the majors and will win the world series until the end of time! So each player on our teams should be rated 100.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »