Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: IGN Preview "My Player Mode"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
"Just before my closer was able to make his way up to the majors in September call-ups, the debug system running the game crashed."

"Of course, just as my shortstop was about to make his way to the big time, MLB 2K10 decided to crap out again (I was repeatedly assured that the bug has been fixed in the final version)."

Freezing/crashing in 2K's MLB game...why is this always an issue?
Well, from the sounds of it, the guy doing the preview wasn't playing the final build. Hopefully 2K was being honest when they "assured [him] that the bug has been fixed in the final version."

If not, that's a huge blow to the game.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #10
Banned

Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
Another review and my concerns grow, lol. A closer clubbing a homer and driving in runs, slapping balls to the OF at ease.... yikes.

If the hitting, once again, is too easy, it will frustrate me. If I can pound the strike zone and pitch 9 inning, 50 pitch complete game 2 hit shutouts, or never walk batters.......

I maintain the slim hope that these reviews are based on "pro" or "rookie" settings. And, should that fail, I hope the sliders can fix it.

All in all it won't stop me from buying the game, though. I maintain that I like the direction of the series. 2k9, with some adjustments and the ability to edit stances and windups.... well, I'd still be playing it.

Just hoping that the series doesn't take a step back.
I am pretty positive that the series won't go backwards. Like you, I can still play 2K9 and somewhat enjoy it, but this year's version, IMO, has taken a huge step forward. Hopefully I'm not wrong.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Little disappointed that the My Player doesn't offer AI trades when the player is under-performing. Seems like a pretty large real element of baseball to be left out.

I guess the plus side to this is knowing that you can play 15 seasons for your favorite club and be a Cal Ripken/George Brett type, but it seems pointless to allow the computer to select a team for you, as that would be the end of the randomness.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop1702
Little disappointed that the My Player doesn't offer AI trades when the player is under-performing. Seems like a pretty large real element of baseball to be left out.

I guess the plus side to this is knowing that you can play 15 seasons for your favorite club and be a Cal Ripken/George Brett type, but it seems pointless to allow the computer to select a team for you, as that would be the end of the randomness.
Yeah, I agree. As a player though, can you demand trades or sign elsewhere in free agency?

Since this is the first year for My Player, I am sure some important aspects will be left out, and as much as it sucks, it's a mode that we're all going to have to be patient with I guess.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 4
Thumbs down Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

link doesn't work
Old 02-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

i have tried several ways to view this. I was guess I wasnt meant to read it lol

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 02-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

lol guys, just go to ign.com and put in mlb 2k10 and look at the reviews!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 01:40 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
Yeah, I agree. As a player though, can you demand trades or sign elsewhere in free agency?

Since this is the first year for My Player, I am sure some important aspects will be left out, and as much as it sucks, it's a mode that we're all going to have to be patient with I guess.
I read that you can demand a trade, and while that helps some, it still doesn't give you the feeling that many MiLB players get where they could be traded at any moment and for any reason.

A buddy of mine played the Show's version of the My Player and was traded from one organization to another and it totally floored him; caught him completely by surprise. I think that in future versions they should look into this route. Or at least give the user the option to turn it on or off, so that those who prefer to stick with their team for all 15 years can still enjoy that journey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »