Home

MLB 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on MLB 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

Baseball season is just around the corner (we are just a week away from Spring Training games!), and 2K Sports has been hard at work on its latest hardball offering, MLB 2K10. Operation Sports recently previewed the game, and now the masses (at least on the 360) will be getting their hands on the demo tomorrow. In other words, with just a few short weeks until release, it is now time for a What's Hot/What's Not feature. So what has got me excited about MLB 2K10, and what has me scratching my head? Read on to find out.

Read More - MLB 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: MLB 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

So even after PREVIEWING the game there is concern of framerate and animation glitches?

O U C H
Old 02-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
R**k**

tazbk's Arena

OVR: 4

Good analysis. I'm just waiting to give this game another try again. I own both systems and both games but I can't help but admit that I am a 2K fan stemming from the days of Dreamcast. I just want them to make a great baseball game because I enjoyed their basketball and football games for so many years.

Can't wait to use the MLB Today feature and even My Player.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
Every year, with all sports titles, I worry that what the producers/developers say is going to be in the game, usually isn't the case. Frame-rate issues with MLB 2K10 is a valid concern, as you mentioned with their track record. I do expect better graphics and presentation from one year to the next. I believe that graphics and gameplay are equally important in determining my joy while playing video games. Reason being, I've played video games since the late seventies, so I've seen generic graphics evolve into amazing graphics on the current systems as well as the PC. So, to not have good graphics just shows laziness to me.

So, with that said, I hope MLB 2K10 has amazing graphics, smooth frame-rate, enjoyable gameplay and a few other surprise bells and whistles. That's all I ask for. I tried MLB the Show the past two years and while the graphics/presentation is amazing, the gameplay seemed way off to me. Batters hardly ever swing at a pitch off the plate, too many pitches hitting the strike zone were called balls and the announcers would always say, "Don't know where that one missed!". And it seemed the computer would ALWAYS score early inning runs and late inning runs, as needed, in a close game. It had to be the most frustrating sports video game I've played in a very long time. Not sure if I'll try MLB the Show10 again this year or just go back to MLB2K10. I will certainly be reading the reviews this year and waiting a few weeks to see what average gamers are saying about each game.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Kind of worried abou tthat..
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
So even after PREVIEWING the game there is concern of framerate and animation glitches?

O U C H
where is the framerate deal in that article? i heard him talk about MLB2K9's framerate?

Everything we have heard is the framerate is good this year at least from Game Informer.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
I completely abandoned 2K9. I rented it and loved the simplified gesture pitching, but hated everything else. It was quite literally unplayable. I still play 2K8, but would be lying if I said I didn't have high expectations for 2K10. I don't expect it to be a great game, but I expect it to be miles better than 2K9, and have way less problems. It'd be nice to play a baseball sim on the 360 that didn't require a patch to enjoy it, you know?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I would say frame rate and overall game AI would be my two concerns at this point. We have been promised a smooth 60 FPS since 2k7 but to date we still have not had it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »