Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots: Team Ratings

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots: Team Ratings within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2010, 01:23 AM   #25
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Team Rating Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
Yeah, not real sure why but, an 86 seems right on. 90 was a bit too high...
The original ratings were spot on. The Rangers are projected to be the 6th best team in the MLB this year, and they were right around that with the 90.

Oh well, I'm sure we'll have people here that will be fixing the rosters anyways. Just hope they aren't as biased as the 2k people obviously are.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkeeper
I'm a die-hard, but realistic Mets fan. 75 is just silly. If the Nationals are a 73 and, just as a reference, the Orioles are an 84, the mets at 75 is just low. 82, I think.
Yeah that Orioles rating seems way off, and the Nationals either are rated too high or the Mets and Marlins are too low. No way should those three teams be separated by only four points
Old 02-23-2010, 03:39 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
The original ratings were spot on. The Rangers are projected to be the 6th best team in the MLB this year, and they were right around that with the 90.

Oh well, I'm sure we'll have people here that will be fixing the rosters anyways. Just hope they aren't as biased as the 2k people obviously are.
Really? I understand optimism, but a 90 always felt too high for the Rangers to me. The Mariners are an 80 overall and I think that's fair. Some people said it was too low. Some people said the Mariners were a top five team and I'm not buying that quite yet. Adding Lee was huge, but the lineup is going to have to overachieve IMO, and our pitching is going to have to be lights out. Could happen, but with some of these teams, I think we need to see some sustainability before we give them an A- overall rating.

Not trying to argue, but I thought the ratings were not bad, except for a few. The Rangers should be pretty dang good though, especially if Hamilton bounces back like I think he will.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203

With what pitching are the Rangers going to be the 6th best team...from what I recall, they lost Kevin Millwood and Marlon Byrd (two big contributors in 2009) and didn't add too much.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots: Team Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCBeast55
With what pitching are the Rangers going to be the 6th best team...from what I recall, they lost Kevin Millwood and Marlon Byrd (two big contributors in 2009) and didn't add too much.
Not a Rangers fan but, they did add Rich Harden, Vlad Guerrero (who absolutely rakes in that stadium), Colby Lewis and Darren Oliver. That's pretty solid. Harden has injury concerns, but if he can stay healthy that's huge, and Vlad, while getting older, can still mash. Especially in that stadium. Lewis gives them a good #3.

Again, not a Rangers fan, but I think they got better this offseason, not worse. I still think they should be rated anywhere from 83-86, though.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 6

The Braves pitching was a bit low. I think Tim Hudson Rated at 78 is ridiculous too. Jair deserves the 84, Tommy Hanson should be an 80-82 as he doesn't have a full major league season under his belt yet. Huddy should be at least an 80, if not 84-85.

Derek Lowe dropping to 77 is a bit harsh too. He did win 15 games. ERA was high due to 3 or so games where he got SHELLED and it ruined his era the rest of the year. That's why he had a mid 4 era but still won 15 games. Derek Lowe @ 80 is about right.

Peter Moyland should get some more love too. Kris Medlen is not on par with Moyland.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 02-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

I dont understand why they continue to suck off Liriano He hasnt been good since his rookie season in like 06 and he gets a 78 rating he was 5-13 wit like a 5 some thing era homer bailey 8-5 wit 4 era and he a 70 and brett gardner higher rated then drew stubbs I dont understand
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #32
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCBeast55
Have you seen their projected line-up? It's very possible that they could score the most runs this year, maybe even by a large margin. With that kind of hitting you don't need a top 5 rotation to win games. Last year they were right in the middle of the pack in terms of ERA, which I'm sure if you factored in ballparks and all that bs it would be closer to top 10. This year's rotation isn't any worse than last years.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »