Home

MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB '10: The Show blog. This one comes with a Joe Mauer trailer, themes and Best Buy demo information.

Quote:
"Last, but certainly not least for those of you who simply cannot wait until launch day to play The Show Best Buy’s “Play It First” program is here for you. At select Best Buy locations across the country (845 participating in all), the “Play It First” section of the store will be reserved specifically for MLB 10 The Show. Here, you’ll be able to take the game out for a test ride. Best of all this program has already started, so you can start playing the game today. Check to see if your local Best Buy is participating in this new program."
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: New Video and Blog Entry

This is not the way to sell your product.. A Best Buy demo, really? What about PSN? Really stupid.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2king
This is not the way to sell your product.. A Best Buy demo, really? What about PSN? Really stupid.
I kind of agree with this. I don't understand why there's no demo on the PSN. They probably have a decent reason, but I'd like to know what it is.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Its an advertising ploy. Best Buy probably paid SCEA to allow them to get the game first. Chances are if your in Best Buy for The Show you might pick something else up, and chances are you will be back to purchase it at Best Buy as well.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Team themese for free, i like it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Its an advertising ploy. Best Buy probably paid SCEA to allow them to get the game first. Chances are if your in Best Buy for The Show you might pick something else up, and chances are you will be back to purchase it at Best Buy as well.
Something like this crossed my mind.. I just thought they would've announced this earlier than now.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo

That still does not explain the non release of a demo by now. Most people who visit best buy will not do so for the sole purpuse of playing the demo, thus rendering the decision to have pre release gameplay exclusively at best buy pointless. By not releasing a demo on psn, they will indeed lose some potential first time and second time buyers. We here at OS will get the game regardless. If they have a marketing deal with best buy, they may have figured that the monetary value from the deal would exceed the profit from potential customers lost by not releasing the demo on psn.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo

Love that play at the end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »