Home

MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo

Being a makreting guy, I understand their decision and i actually agree with it. The Show has its dedicated customer base that will but it religiously lets call them the repeat repeaters. The will no matter what buy it, without a demo or anything. They generally are on message boards and are looking to get as much info as they can.

They also probably weighed the pre orders, their probably so high they feel they can make more of an impact at a best buy.

The demo is for people who would download it off psn would mainly be for repeat repeaters, and thats an early build. There would be tons of complaining about who knows what.

However, you put it at bestbuy with people who dont really follow it you can gain new customers, so from a marketing prospective im sure they crunched the numbers and feel they could gain more impact from their current strategy.

LITTLE did they know that, the repeat repeaters would be hogging up all the consoles at the kiosks at Best Buy so the newer customers couldnt try it out.

Kuddos to SCEA for this approach
Old 02-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: New Video and Blog Entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Digital
I kind of agree with this. I don't understand why there's no demo on the PSN. They probably have a decent reason, but I'd like to know what it is.
Best Buy likely paid for "Play It First" exclusivity. If they had a demo on PSN then the name of Best Buys program would be a bit of a joke. That being said, it still peeves me. I'm not very good at the show, so I wanted to get in some practice before the main game comes out on Tuesday ... it might just be four days, but it would have helped get me ready for it. Disapointed that SCEA took this route.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #11
Banned

heater41's Arena

OVR: 10

I walked into a Best Buy on Long Island early last week and tried to pre-order both The Show and MLB 2K10. I was informed that they ARE NOT taking pre-orders in the store and I would have to go online and pre-order. So, what did I do? Ran across the street to Gamestop who I really hate using and pre-ordered both there and paid them in full.

Running a promo with a store like Best Buy, where you cannot pre-order in the store makes absolutely no sense to me. I'll just wait until Tuesday and pick up my copies and say heck with the demo. Not a smart move by The Show marketing department.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #12
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New Video and Blog Entry

Some of you guys need to stop complaining. Would you rather go to best buy and play a demo that has everything on it or play at home with a demo that's just Yankees vs. Phillies?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
demo at home 100%, im sure most would agree since the game comes out Tues. We just want a taste.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 46

Chiming in,

Didnt SCEA say countless times, that the demo was complete, sent out to sony and was now in their hands?
If that was the case, I don't see how BB getting it as an exclusive can be true. For if Sony hadn't gotten it out, it would have beaten BB to the punch.

Also, there are plenty of people who don't have a BB near them, or are not old enough to drive or what have you.

Those people would be SOL in that case.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited by econoodle; 02-25-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #15
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'll be honest....I've played the game already....for quite some time and because of that....I don't need the demo...
But if it came down to having to go to BB(the closest one to me is 45 minutes away....I moved to the sticks a few years ago....and the only other way would be going to or coming home from work(not happening. )...or playing in my office whenever I want...I'd want to play the demo.
I'd be fiendin' for it quite honestly....but like I said....since I already know what the game is like...the only thing I can say is RRRRUUUUUUSSSSEEELLLLLLLLL.....where is my copy?

That said...we have to deal with what we have to deal with.
Don't sweat the small stuff!

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #16
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyGotGrillz
Love that play at the end.