Home

MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo

Can March 2nd, come any slower?!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater41
I walked into a Best Buy on Long Island early last week and tried to pre-order both The Show and MLB 2K10. I was informed that they ARE NOT taking pre-orders in the store and I would have to go online and pre-order. So, what did I do? Ran across the street to Gamestop who I really hate using and pre-ordered both there and paid them in full.

Running a promo with a store like Best Buy, where you cannot pre-order in the store makes absolutely no sense to me.
I'll just wait until Tuesday and pick up my copies and say heck with the demo. Not a smart move by The Show marketing department.
Agreed, i thought that was odd as well.
When i was there playing, the worker came up glowing bout the game and said March 2nd, aint this hot, March 2nd baby!
Then someone asked if they can get it preordered, he said, 'yea, online!'

I did LOL.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #19
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Now a real reply here

I don't know what's going on this year
March is going slow as ever than any other year
I don't know WHY Best Buy, of course I'm going there next Tuesday
but seriously, A DEMO!?!? I thought PSN was gonna get their hands on those. I'm really mad but It'll go away when the clock ticks 4 days
Old 02-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #20
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: New Video and Blog Entry

Got some Mikey Kay love in this vid.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 30
Ironically, I just happened to stop by a BB, last night, and noticed two BB employees playing it. When I asked if it was a demo they said it was the actual full game. I hopped on for a while. I started to post about this last night but just said, "Meh..." but the game is great, as usual. I dig the improved crowd animations and lower amounts of repeated attendees.

Now, admittedly, I've owned the last 2 games, and still have 09 but I don't really get that into them. I'm not much of a baseball guy to begin with but one thing I noticed was how the crowd intensity was on a whole notha level when I loaded the bases in the new Yankee Stadium against the Mets. I was the Yanks, of course but the crowd noise was BANANAS with the levels of intensity when Jeter came up to bat, having the potential to crash a slam. The way the noise ebbed and flowed in between pitches and after swings and such was UNREAL!! Wooo, I was blown away and I don't know if was that way in 09. I'll pop it in after a good hour or so with Heavy Rain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #22
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I just wanted to clarify (I only saw the first few posts) that Best Buy has the complete version of the game, i.e. there is a disc inside their system. It is not a demo, and it is not on the hard drive.

We'll get ours soon enough (today to be hopeful).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #23
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by drolouis
That still does not explain the non release of a demo by now. Most people who visit best buy will not do so for the sole purpuse of playing the demo, thus rendering the decision to have pre release gameplay exclusively at best buy pointless. By not releasing a demo on psn, they will indeed lose some potential first time and second time buyers. We here at OS will get the game regardless. If they have a marketing deal with best buy, they may have figured that the monetary value from the deal would exceed the profit from potential customers lost by not releasing the demo on psn.

It's simple we could have worked on getting that demo out earlier or spent that time fine tuning the game, making last minute changes, and fixing more bugs. Which one would you rather have?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 7

[quote=Russell_SCEA;2040781067]It's simple we could have worked on getting that demo out earlier or spent that time fine tuning the game, making last minute changes, and fixing more bugs. Which one would you rather have?[/

no demo wow what about the rest of the people who did not go to best buy is not fair oh well. ill just buy the game..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »