Home

MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #17
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

There's a game of pass the buck going on here.

It's disappointing as a gamer and a consumer.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
Playing a little Devil's Advocate here, but....

wouldn't them submitting it sooner = Sony releasing it sooner? I mean, last year we had it at least 2 weeks before the games release, right? How do we know that SCEA didn't handcuff Sony by not submitting it until the 11th hour, and then say "Well, we submitted to Sony, so blame them".

Just like you can't send something out in the mail a day before it is due and then blame the mail company for not delivering it on time when in fact the person sending it waited until the last minute.
You do pose a good point. Did SCEA maybe drop the ball by not submitting it a lot early, probably but for most PS3 owners, we really dont care cause we know we're going to get quality. The most the lack of demo can do is delay additional sales because you'll have those gamers that were waiting for the demo to decide whether to buy it or not, delay their decision until the demo is released.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #19
MLB Lead Animator

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Can i ask Ramone, Chris,or anyone w/ SCEA...what's the difference between the BB Demo(builds) & the PSN demo? thanks
You can ask us, but I honestly don't know. We send builds for review, demo, etc...and the code changes constantly. I think some of the Community Day guys can attest to the fact that the code changes pretty quickly! That isn't to say there are not people on the team that know for sure, because obviously there are....but I am not one of them. I can tell you we changed Soriano's stance this year!

Chris
Old 02-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #20
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Wouldn't you? LOL. It's on Sony, not them. But yet, they get the majority of the blame.
Yeah, I would most likely. It is the job of SCEA to make this game though. Not too be touchy with the customer base, haha.

Regardless, I already played the 2K demo so I'll be getting The Show regardless if the demo ever comes out. Which it will, just next Thursday, .
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 02-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
so you want to believe that the devs are lying to us?
Who knows, in all fairness, unless you know the developers personally or unless you were involved with the development process, you can't say for sure if they did or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #22
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

The reason people are "being immature" is because they have a deep love for the game, have been waiting months to simply try it, and keep believing they'll get a little taste in the form of a demo and then it doesn't happen.

It's just frustrating, that's all. Given the love for The Show, which we certainly all understand, and the hard work of the mods, I think there's been a respectable degree of self control.

Personally, I don't blame anybody, because I don't know WHO is to blame. But I'm a consumer who bought three copies of 09 (one for myself two for friends), two copies of 08 (one for my sister) and one of 07. I've been a loyal fan of the series for years. All I want is a chance to try 10 before buying it. And I thought today would be the day. I know I'll end up buying it first chance I get anyway. I know no promises were made, but I hoped just becausewe all heard it was finished. I'm just saying, I can understand the frustration!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Who needs a demo. I'm still playing and having a blast with The Show 09! That'll hold me over till Tuesday.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think when people are accustomed to have a pre-release demo and then theres a year where it doesnt seem as though there will be one people begin to worry. I think in this economy when spending 60 dollars its not absurd for people to want to play the game some before it comes out. I dont think its immature or foolish as some people have stated. We all here love the show and think its the best sports game bar-none which was even stated in pasta's article. Still I think wanting a sampling before plunking down a nice chunk of cash is entirely reasonable.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »