Home

MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #129
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This thread is amusing. Let's dish out conspiracy theories and worry about a game that has been nothing short of great. That makes perfect sense. I can't wait for March 2.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 02-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I'm sorry, I've gotten to the point where I'm like Job's friend:

"Inside I am like bottled-up wine, like new wineskins ready to burst. I must speak and find relief; I must open my lips and reply."

Leap of faith? Have you played '09? Exactly what kind of catastrophic occurrence are you anticipating that would cause the best sports game out there to suddenly become not worth purchasing? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we able to get the classic stadiums by paying? So they give you the option to get DLC for free and that's a problem?

Are you complaining that they are offering us the chance to play the full game at a retailer before the actual launch date? Who says you can't go somewhere else and purchase the game? Who's stopping you? Who's providing a disincentive?

A piss with the customer base? Are we talking about the same people who brought customers over for input (twice, right?), listened, changed things, and then let those same customers share it all on an internet message board? The same people going to those lengths to strengthen customer relations like no one else in the business is taking the piss by not releasing the demo before the release date?

I'll go back to quietly reading everything now, just had to let that out.
I'm playing devil's advocate here, because I think this thread is becoming a debate between 2 extremes, those that blindly follow and those that nit pick. That being said, I am disappointed and slightly less ecstatic then prior years. To answer your questions:

1-Exactly what kind of catastrophic occurrence are you anticipating that would cause the best sports game out there to suddenly become not worth purchasing? Redundancy

2-Who's providing a disincentive? Pre-orders at select retailers get the classic stadiums

3- A piss with the customer base? No argument here. This is one of the best customer-centric companies in any industry
Old 02-25-2010, 08:47 PM   #131
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

Since when did demo's become a requirement?
Really, I think we are all pretty lucky to be getting a Demo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 08:47 PM   #132
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Was anyone really on the fence with this game lol? I wanted a demo also but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm not going to buy the game on Tuesday. We all know were getting the best baseball game available and most of us aren't new to the Show.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #133
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You bastard!
How dare you use my ticker as a pawn in this shady deal.
I know where you live!(well a 25 mile radius anyway)
You're treading on thin ice there buddy!

M.K.
Knight165
Not using it as a pawn, it was a great last minute significant addition. Ding Dong!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #134
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

It seems the recurring response is, if you played 09 why wouldn't you buy this game? That in itself is the problem.

I own 09, I can play that. From the impressions, this game isn't that much of an improvement.

You fellas are playing good defense. I've only asked a simple question, about the Best Buy-demo delay. As yet, I've not received an answer, but the handling of the release has been pretty lousy on Sony's part.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Old 02-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #135
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I want the demo about as much as........ummm, well. Screw the comparisons. LOL. I couldn't care less about the demo on this game. SCEA has their $60 just sitting in my bank account waiting till I get my hands on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #136
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
And? Do you require the demo to buy the game? Are you on the fence? If so, that is fine, you will just have to wait a little longer to make your decision.

No I've had every version since 2006, I'm just an impatient sports gamer who enjoys and has grown used to enjoying the game a bit early.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »