Home

MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #137

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
You fellas are playing good defense. I've only asked a simple question, about the Best Buy-demo delay. As yet, I've not received an answer, but the handling of the release has been pretty lousy on Sony's part.
Your question is about a conspiracy you made up. What answer is there to give?

The demo was delayed for whatever reason by whichever side. What do you want to hear? An apology for the delay of a demo? If you aren't going to buy the game based on that, that is fine, your prerogative.

And again, if you require the demo to make your purchasing decision, fine, it is still coming out, you can still play it before buying.

Your sense of entitlement is amazing. I'm not even saying if you liked 09 you should like 10. If you are not sold on the game yet, fine. You have many options at playing this game before buying...
Old 02-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No. I'm a little confused as to why anyone would feel slighted at that? You already know what you are going to get with the game. There are no surprises unless they are for the better. And as I have mentioned several times now, if you are on the fence about buying, you will still get the demo to try out before you make your decision...

Since when did demo's become a requirement?
Its been the norm.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #139
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
It seems the recurring response is, if you played 09 why wouldn't you buy this game? That in itself is the problem.

I own 09, I can play that. From the impressions, this game isn't that much of an improvement.

You fellas are playing good defense. I've only asked a simple question, about the Best Buy-demo delay. As yet, I've not received an answer, but the handling of the release has been pretty lousy on Sony's part.

It's not a problem...it's peoples view. Not Sony's
You're also not being truthful...even to yourself if you think the impressions are that it's not much of an improvement....

I think you got your panties in a bunch and now don't want to back down.
You also seem hurt...you shouldn't....it's not personal.
The demo went out....Sony is dragging....what can you do?
You seem to want to put some BB exclusive on this. I seriously doubt it. You can't try it there and walk out of the store with it. I don't see how that really helps BB. I'll bet most of the guys playing it in BB pre-ordered it.....from somewhere else.

This whole thread is much ado about nothing.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #140
Banned

OVR: 6

Well, one way or the other I was getting a damn demo TONIGHT.

So I downloaded 09 for my fix for the next 5 days.

Can't wait for Tuesday!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #141
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
It's more like a Few Good Men than Perry Mason. I'm expecting someone from Sony to give me the whole "you can't handle the truth" bit.

There's a massive rush here to defend SCEA at every turn.

And there is always a massive rush to pull things out of thin air as well.

And make things out of nothing with no evidence or facts. And things you will NEVER know the answer to. So it is just being argumentative otherwise and is not constructive in the slightest.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #142
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Since the demo did not go up today on the north american store it seems that this best buy demo was a timed exclusive deal. Im going to download the mlb 09 the show demo again to get familiar with the gameplay for tuesday.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 4

I, for one, could care less about the demo. This game is as automatic as it gets as a first day purchase for me. Honestly, I'm happy there isn't a demo right now, because that makes the days and weeks leading up to release seem like months. For those that are complaining that there is no demo, it will be coming out. Nobody is forcing you to buy the game on Tuesday. If you're really that concerned that this game might not be all it's cracked up to be, wait for the damn demo to come out!

That being said, it seems fairly obvious to me that the demo is being "delayed" because of some sort of exclusivity agreement with Best Buy. I just don't see how in the world that any of this is a coincidence. If the demo came out weeks, or even days before release, there would have been no "impressions if you played it at a kiosk" threads. There would be no reason to go into Best Buy to play the game, even if it is the full retail version. And good for SCEA, hopefully they are making a damn good buck out of this! It would be well deserved and long overdue.

Anyway, I think everyone in here needs to relax! The game will be out in a handful of days and then we will all be happy.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 3

Excuse guys for wanting to play a demo to see in person improvements to the game before plunking down 60 in these tough economic times. If you dont meed a demo thats great but for loyal fans to not get a demo cause of a buisness deal with best buy doesnt speak well in the eyes of many consumers. Blind faith is great but not a requirement when your spending your hard earned cash.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »