Home

MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #233
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is the greatest thread EVER! I have stopped looking at screenshots and videos. Instead, I come straight here for crackpot theories. This whole "when is the demo coming out" thing is now officially bigger than MLB 10. It needs it's own game. Maybe Best Buy can sponsor it.

You play as a SCEA staffer and you have to guide your character to Best Buy to drop off the in store demo while dodging insults and threats from Nerds, Fanboys & Trolls.

Last edited by Randor2000; 02-26-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #234
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

This thread is this years "comeback code" ... yeah I said it!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #235
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Can you offer any demo info Russ? Even as much as just if we can expect the demo in early February again like last year? It sure was nice gettin it so early..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel_SCEA
About the same time as last year. Also I forgot to add this along with the new RTTS Catcher mode the entire catcher logic for all game modes was torn out of the game and re-written from scratch.
Sorry about that, guys.. I thought it was linking directly to the post above. Like I said, I was just answering a question. I am neutral on this topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #236
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Digital

Quote:

Can you offer any demo info Russ? Even as much as just if we can expect the demo in early February again like last year? It sure was nice gettin it so early..

Sorry about that, guys.. I thought it was linking directly to the post above. Like I said, I was just answering a question. I am neutral on this topic.
No problem. It's unfortunate if this is why people are getting so bent out of shape though. I guess I could see why people were hoping for it sooner, but I suppose I viewed it as a more casual conversation (rather than "breaking news" so-to-speak).

It's the almost a downside to the developer's presence here, in a way. People tend to hang on their every word and intent gets twisted sometimes. It just seemed more like a "best guess" kind of response. Maybe that's just me though.

It's kind of like the player model thing in that regard. Someone from SCEA said "we hope to..." and everyone was geared up for it to happen this year. People were let down when nothing was promised.

Oh well. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 02-26-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #237
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Digital
Quote:

But you need to remember that Russell_SCEA is a member of the development team. He works on the coding and development of the game, not the marketing, not the packaging, not the distribution. So his comments are based upon the information that HE is aware of, and that he is legally ALLOWED to state. At the time of his quote, he just stated what he knew. As a developer of the game, he knew that the demo was done and would probably be released around the same time that it was last year. Obviously, something happened that changed that.

The release of the demo for a Sony branded game is in the hands of Sony's own marketing team and the corporate entity itself, not their development team. The same can be said for the release date. If the corporate headquarters said "You won't release the game until April 4th", then the SCEA guys who post here would be forced to release it on that date. Believe me. So while most here do understand that the developers have absolutely zero say over whether their submitted demo gets released or not, some still seem to be pointing their venom right at them and that is just insanity.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #238
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
No problem. It's unfortunate if this is why people are getting so bent out of shape though. I guess I could see why people were hoping for it sooner, but I suppose I viewed it as a more casual conversation (rather than "breaking news" so-to-speak).
I feel the same way. That post was created on Jan. 5th, so like you said, it was more casual than " breaking news ". To his knowledge, back when he posted that, it probably was scheduled to be released early, but things changed.

I'll admit that I did wanna play a demo, but that was cause of my own selfish reasons, heh.. It's all good.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:47 AM   #239
Banned

OVR: 9

I never seen any comment made that blamed the devs for the absence of a demo. If this is something Sony then I would question why they held back a demo. Doing this when the devs clearly stated in different areas that a demo was submitted caused all the speculation and hurt feelings that a demo was not forth coming. Now I have played the game several times at BB and the game looks solid and I believe as far as I could see in my limited time playing, (3 hours) That the members will be ecstatic,over the look and feel of this game. And in the end that is the only thing that matters. Sure there could be things that drive you crazy, but such is life.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #240
Rookie

yanksfan72's Arena

OVR: 5

I got a chance to play for about 25 min. this game is the best baseball game ever, so if you want the best baseball game ever buy it if you want the 2nd best baseball game ever buy last years version, if you want the 3rd best baseball game ever buy the show 08 if you want the 4th best baseball game ever buy 2k10
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »