Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos (Gametrailers)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos (Gametrailers) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Gametrailers: MLB 2K10 Gameplay Videos

Nice, this game looks like a lot of fun. The more I see of it, the more I want it.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

One of the smallest complaints possible: I have this weird thing about watching where a home run ball lands and then basking in its landing location for a few seconds. Unfortunately, in 2K9's home run derby, there was often a very quick cut almost instantly after a home run ball landed, not providing any sort of satisfaction and pay off. I know the guy was skipping forward, but that still appears to be present. Again, I know it's so small, but I just wish there was like one more second of getting to see where the ball lands.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #19
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Thorn may have said that, but it was definitely a lot closer than it should have been. As Chase has already mentioned in his thread, the arms are just a taaaad bit overpowered.
You're definitely not exaggerating it enough, the throw strength in this game is atrocious, and no air friction has caused this kind of issue since 2K5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
One of the smallest complaints possible: I have this weird thing about watching where a home run ball lands and then basking in its landing location for a few seconds. Unfortunately, in 2K9's home run derby, there was often a very quick cut almost instantly after a home run ball landed, not providing any sort of satisfaction and pay off. I know the guy was skipping forward, but that still appears to be present. Again, I know it's so small, but I just wish there was like one more second of getting to see where the ball lands.
And because of this, I don't know if I can play this game's home run derby. Not even watch the ball land is far too questionable of a decision.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #20
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos (Gametrailers)

Terrible videos. It was like hurry up baseball on steroids. 100 MPH I couldn't even tell what was going on.

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Old 02-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #21
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwnarrow3
Terrible videos. It was like hurry up baseball on steroids. 100 MPH I couldn't even tell what was going on.
GameTrailers just edited their videos to do a mashup of shots. You can see the same kind of thing with that first MLB 2K7 CES video. It's not how the game actually runs.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2010, 03:51 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't understand why 2K breaks up the 10 out home run derby round in to 3 mini rounds ( 3 outs, 3 outs, 4 outs ).. It's not a big deal, but it isn't authentic either.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #23

OVR: 34
The commentary trio sounds great. Hearing Kruk over the fans is nice.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 13

Already pre-ordered and looking forward to Tuesday.

Three things I think 2K needs to do for next year right off the bat.

1. Bring back the Step Influence while batting. I hate watching how the batter's swing is already cocked before the pitcher even begins his delivery. Bring back the slider to allow users to have to time the Step while hitting.

2. Tone down the rocket arms. Bring back a slider that allows us to globally edit the throwing strenghts of fielders. If we can do this by position (Outfielders / Infielders), that would be GOLDEN!

3. Bring back the zone hitting feature that many gamers really loved in 2K9. 2K said they removed the feature to focus more on it's current swing stick technology (defensive swings, etc). Bring it back next year and fine tune it and you'll have a TON of happy gamers.

Just my $.02.

BigBlue

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »