Home

NCAA Football 10: The Art of Recruiting Part I

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: The Art of Recruiting Part I within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #9
Rookie

jagsfan82's Arena

OVR: 7
do you guys use this for offline as well?
Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #10
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16
Man, this info is timely! I can't wait to open NCAA Football 10 when it comes out and put these tips to use...
Old 03-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 10: The Art of Recruiting Part I

Heh. The interwebs sure do have a lot of haters!
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #12
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
at Tradition Football we play the game all year... from launch to launch, so if your diehard like us, you got about 5 more seasons to utilize this info in an online dynasty... but if your just waiting for '11... yea, this ain't gonna help you much.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 12
Interesting...
Old 03-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #14
MVP

I mean this in all seriousness because I am curious about this aspect of the game.

Its been shown numerous times, time and time again, that the majority of ratings do not matter in the least bit.

An Ovr 65 OL can hold off a Over 99 DL over 99% of the time. It doesnt matter who you have on your offensive line. Same goes for pretty much every other position that doesnt rely on speed as its main attribute. You can recruit LBs and CBs that have an awareness of 99, but they will still leave every slant and hook pattern open.

Pretty much you only need to look at a QBs accuracy if you want a passer, RB you look for speed, and WR you look for speed. The rest of the offense and defense can have 100 ratings across the board minus the speed and they are ineffective.

What is the main purpose in recruiting, if nothing but speed matters?

Imo, its nothing more than a placebo effect taking place and people trying to put together soemthing that is there...when it really isnt.

I am interested in your take on this subject, as its clear you have spent alot of time putting this together.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #15
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
this is just part 1 Josh, there are still 2 more installments with a ton more information to come.
Oh okay, sweet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 AM   #16
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJAfan6
I read your list and most of the things you said made sense and are basically what ive been doing for the last 2 or 3 versions of NCAA. However this "If you don’t keep your board pared down like this it’s very hard to be competitive on the “must have” players."
isnt really true at all, i usually keep my board around 20-25 maybe more and i do pretty good in OD's, but again you guys are the
"experts"
Experts is a pretty hefty statement maybe I'm over-rating us... lol. If you can have a board of 20-25 players but still put in the time to land the great ones then yeah I'm sure that it will be fine. But for the few players in my league that have a lot of players on their board and like to spread their time around... They're really not landing anybody that useful. Just my observation. One of the very next points that I make (I just gave Ryno the entire article wasn't anticipating a staged release) is to know the "market" in your league. If you can spread the time out and still land impact players then by all means. Just don't try that in my league

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
Great stuff.
Thanks man I hope the King is primed for an awesome season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Doesn't really help much, sorry. Should give some tips on how to get players that you're in battles with other users. I usually send 2.5 hours on people I'm in with competitions in (usually REALLY good players) but somehow they still get more interested in the other user. I would like to know why?
yeah there are gonna be some more installments but if you get a few minutes, PM me and tell me how you typically approach recruiting each player... Like what do you do the initial week; how do you schedule your visits... etc. I think there's good info coming but you guys can be the judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
Man, this info is timely! I can't wait to open NCAA Football 10 when it comes out and put these tips to use...
LOL I feel ya. Believe me there are some of us still into the game and we came up with the idea of partnering for some strategy articles somewhat recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Heh. The interwebs sure do have a lot of haters!
lawl yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I mean this in all seriousness because I am curious about this aspect of the game.

Its been shown numerous times, time and time again, that the majority of ratings do not matter in the least bit.

An Ovr 65 OL can hold off a Over 99 DL over 99% of the time. It doesnt matter who you have on your offensive line. Same goes for pretty much every other position that doesnt rely on speed as its main attribute. You can recruit LBs and CBs that have an awareness of 99, but they will still leave every slant and hook pattern open.

Pretty much you only need to look at a QBs accuracy if you want a passer, RB you look for speed, and WR you look for speed. The rest of the offense and defense can have 100 ratings across the board minus the speed and they are ineffective.

What is the main purpose in recruiting, if nothing but speed matters?

Imo, its nothing more than a placebo effect taking place and people trying to put together soemthing that is there...when it really isnt.

I am interested in your take on this subject, as its clear you have spent alot of time putting this together.

There's a pretty good thread HERE that talks about some ratings in the game and which ones are more important, I especially thought the posts by Wisey were useful (starting at the end of the 2nd page).

Basically my feeling on it is that speed isn't the only thing that matters but at the same time I do look for speed at most positions with my team. I don't want a running back with A speed and horrible everything else.

I do see a difference with a good line compared to a bad one, mostly with sacks. (have I bought into the placebo effect I don't know...) For instance I've played 10 games in this current season and given up 14 sacks all year, there are seasons where I've given up 40 before.

The toughest defenses in my league aren't necessarily the fastest, they're the ones that are the best put together all around with a combination of speed, strength in the right places, Size in the right spots, just good all around players WITH speed rather than JUST speed...

We all see different things though.

Last edited by Hellisan; 03-02-2010 at 06:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »