Home

EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN)

This is a discussion on EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer

The only DLC I could imagine buying for Madden would be real life draft classes files.

So when the 2011 Draft Class comes out in real life, they release a roster file we can load into Madden for our next franchise offseason.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
"it allows me to be able to take further advantage of that consumer over a longer period of time," he said.

As if they didn't take advantage of us already. He should really choose his words better, or do a better job hiding their real intentions...
Word!

The statements in that article speak to exactly what is wrong with that company. Can you smell the arrogance and cockiness? I will stick to SC"EA" and The Show.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 12
One more simplistic idea... make a quality game and people won't trade it in.

There are so many people that kept '09 the Show until tomorrow, including myself. Now that's quality!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

^THIS^

If the game is of a high quality, it won't be traded in. Simple huh? Not as simple as when John Madden said "Now, Troy Aikman is a guy, that when he puts on his glasses, he sees better". No, not that simple but still......pretty doggone simple.

Last edited by Goethe88; 03-01-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #21
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
The only DLC I could imagine buying for Madden would be real life draft classes files.

So when the 2011 Draft Class comes out in real life, they release a roster file we can load into Madden for our next franchise offseason.
I would not mind pay for extra plays and playbooks..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN)

Yeah playbooks would be a bit much, but i might consider draft classes.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #23
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
It keeps the disc in the drive longer, it stalls trading the game in, it allows me to be able to take further advantage of that consumer over a longer period of time," he said.

You notice that he says, "it allows me to be able to take FURTHER advantage of the consumer" That means he knows that they are already taking advantage of us with every madden release, but he wants to take advantage more.

You know, I used to love Madden and I always wanted to see it succeed over 2k in the past, but not now. I wish there was some kind of way to get this quote spread to the masses of people out there that buy madden and the DLC content every year. I want them to see what the head man at EA sports thinks about them. I want them to see that the head honcho at EA sports is not concerned with making a quality game, but he IS concerned about ways to be able to take further advantage of the consumer.

In my ideal world, people would see this and get upset. They would protest these comments by not buying madden 11. This would cause sales to be in the thousands instead of the millions. The NFL would then feel that EA is a liabilty and find some loophole in their contract to get out of the exclusivity agreement. Other companies would then be able to make NFL football games again and harmony would be restored in the football gaming universe. This is what would happen in my ideal world. Since this is the real world, I guess I just have to settle for this rant/post about the quote.

One final thing, I have to say that Peter Moore definitely has some kahunas. For him to come out and blatantly say, "we are trying to take advantage of the consumer", is pretty ballsy. What does he have to be afraid of though? If you want to play an NFL football game, you got to go to him. This is pretty much like him slapping you in the face and saying "whatcha gonna do?" You can't do nothing if you want to play a NFL football game this year.

Last edited by splff3000; 03-02-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #24
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Peter Moore and friends have officially lost their marbles...smh....."get an extra $4 or $5 out of us" WOW!!!!!

How about we get a COMPLETE game out of EA before they continue to attempt to nickel and dime us! lol Shame on them....Madden 11 hype just went down big time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »